Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Frndly TV crashing Roku

I am trying the Frndly TV channel. Everytime it opens up to the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries live stream. When I go back to try to get the guide, it crashes my Roku. Help please.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Frndly TV crashing Roku

What model Roku do you have?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

2710X

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Is Frndly TV the only channel that you observe this issue with? It's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Thank you, I tried this and it worked one time. Since then, it goes to the last station streaming automatically and crashes when you click back to return to the guide.

Yes, frndly is the only station that has caused this issue. We haven't experienced this with any others.

I would contact frndly directly but cannot find anything on their webpage to do so. I have left a post on their Facebook page but have not received a reply.

Thank you for your help. Willing to try any other suggestions.

Highlighted
Level 7

I'm  having the same problem except that the option to remove the frndlytv channel does not appear when I press * to make changes to the channel. I've added, moved, and removed other channels dozens of times but I can see the "remove channel" option appear and then immediately disappear from my screen after I press the asterisk.

When I try to load the channel, it crashes my entire Roku system.

Highlighted
Level 16

Have you set up an account on the web and paired it?

you can try removing it HERE. 

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos