Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martcaster
Level 7

Fritz!Box Media Server & Chaneru

I'm trying to connect my Fritz!box (model 3390) Media Server to my Roku Stick. After a lot of 'Googling' I have come across Chaneru as a possible 'bridge' between the two. I've e-mailed Chaneru to enquire if Fritz!box Media Server is compatible, but  my e-mails have bounced back.

Does anyone know if F/B Media Server IS compatible with Chaneru? Or, indeed, if Chaneru are still in business?

Thanks, in anticipation

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Fritz!Box Media Server & Chaneru

If Fritz!Box is a DLNA server, then both Chaneru or Roku Media Player should see it and play your media. However, if it's a proprietary system that only works with their own players, then it won't be visible.

From a quick web search, it appears that Fritz!Box does work as a DLNA server, so either of those should work. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
martcaster
Level 7

Thanks, friend, for your prompt and comprehensive response. Everything you say makes sense. And still I get no response. I shall persevere and report back.

Thanks, once again

MV

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

One thing to remember with DLNA is that all devices (media server and any players) must be connected to the same private IP network, with no routing between sub-nets and no security settings that block wireless devices from seeing other devices on the network. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
martcaster
Level 7

I must thank you, once again. With your help and my more tech-savvy son, who made more sense of the F/B manual, I now have access to my media through the Roku Media Server.

Although Chaneru "sees" the F/B server, it won't play any files, showing "errors". I may chase up these errors via Google. But, for now, I'm delighted that Roku Media Server is doing the business.

Once again, a big thank you.

0 Kudos