Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
chief120
Level 7

Frequent logins to ROH Channel

System: Roku Express running software version 9.1
Channel: Ring of Honor (ROH ) version 8.1

Issue: I have had this Roku Express since February and I generally enjoy it. With few exceptions I use it for the Ring of Honor channel. You need a Ring of Honor HonorClub account to use this channel, and I have one and have been a member for some time. My issue is that if I don't use the Ring of Honor channel for a period of time, it could be 12 hours, it could be 30 hours, it could be 4 days, it will log me out. The next time I start the Ring of Honor channel I need to logout and then log back in using the Roku remote. That can take two minutes.

It's not the end of the world but it's inconvenient and disappointing.

Things I have tried:

• Using the Roku remote I removed the Ring of Honor channel and re-added it.

• using my computer I removed the Ring of Honor channel, used my Roku remote to reboot the Roku Express, used either the Roku remote or my computer (I can't remember which) to re-add the Ring of Honor channel.
My questions are:

1. For channels that require authentication is my experience normal?

2. If this is not normal, is there a way to either stay logged into the Ring of Honor channel, have the channel remember my credentials so I just need to click a "sign in" button, or some other process so I won't have to login so frequently.
Thanks!

Matthew
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Frequent logins to ROH Channel

Hey Matthew, 

Have you contacted the service provider to report the issue you're seeing with their channel, and request additional support? 

We'd recommend trying the following process: 

1. Remove the channel from the Roku device home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key and choosing 'Remove channel'. 
2. Go to Settings>System>System>System restart and restart your Roku player. 
3. Once the device restarts, try adding the channel back once more from 'Streaming channels'.

If the issue persists from there, you'll want to follow up with the service provider to request they take a closer look at their channel, and provide further assistance to investigate the issue you're seeing. 

Keep us posted if there are any other questions we can help with! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos