Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Freezing up during commerials on Philo app

Is anyone else having an issue with Roku freezing up during commercials on the Philo app?  The programs play fine, but many times during commercials, the picture freezes, sound continues and then once the commercial block is over, I have to FF or go out of the show and go back in to pick back up where we were.....It may happen with the Lifetime app also, but is most prominent on Philo.  No issues with other apps.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Level 7

Re: Freezing up during commerials on Philo app

Same exact problem here for the last several weeks. No luck with restarting the Roku and even a factory reset. 

Level 8

I am having a similar issue.  Do both of you have a Roku Ultra 2020?  That is what I have.  I am wondering if it is a software issue on the new model Roku.  My sister has an older Roku Ultra, and it is working.

0 Kudos
Level 7

We have a Roku 3 that freezes up when we are on the Philo app.  Other apps seem ok.  I think our Roku premier is ok

0 Kudos
Level 7

Same problem here on the Ultra 2020. Fast forward through a commercial block and then at the end when you try to play you get the loading wheel of death. This will usually happen from the middle part of the show to the end, but occasionally in the beginning as well.

Once this happens the only recovery option is rebooting the device. If I just exit Philo and go into other apps, they start acting a little strange too. Reboot the device and everything works fine again. Philo is the only app I experience this issue with, and only on the Ultra 2020. I have 2 other ROKU units that are not Ultra 2020, and neither of those have the same issue. I've tried deleting and re-adding the app, but nothing seems to help.

I am on the verge of returning this unit while I still can.    

0 Kudos
Level 7

Same exact problem! Roku ultra 2020

0 Kudos