Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Free Trial Curiosity Stream Channel

From skimming through the many posts about free trial issues, it would seem this isn't new. I really am curious as to whether or not Roku will bother to respond with a real human or a bot and if the same canned answers that fix nothing, will be regurgitated.

I want to take advantage of the 30 day free trial of Curiosity Steam. So I was on my laptop and set it up. It shows in my subscriptions along with a trial to CBSNow. When I try to access any programming, I am told I need to sign in or register as a new user. I first tried signing in with my Roku account info. That didn't work. I was given the message that my account already had a free trial subscription and do manage that in my account. Strange. So I checked. I see it in my account and wonder why it seemed to have an issue. So I tried signing up as a new subscriber. That didn't work either. I was given the message that I would have to unsubscribe through Roku and go through the app. So I did that. In the app it is only 7 days and now I don't have the ability to unsubscribe through Roku. I will have to call and send an email. Well that's just effing great because companies have closed up their call centers. WTF is going on Roku? Can't you figure out how to make this work?! Do you even care about your customers?! What an obnoxious headache to deal with during this stressful time.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Free Trial Curiosity Stream Channel

@MommaBell77 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Curiosity Streaming support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Curiosity Streaming support here: https://help.curiositystream.com/hc/en-us

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos