Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Free Trial BritBox -unable to add gift subscription

Jump to solution

Tried BritBox free trial but canceled it as I was expecting a one year gift subscription. Received emails from BritBox US and Roku confirming cancellation. BritBox account shows previous trial subscription and tells me to go to Roku.com to reset my subscription. Roku.com does not provide option to subscribe and register gift subscription; it is vicious circle. I live chatted with Roku support and told to delete app and reset Roku devices. I even deleted credit card info. Nothing cleared up. Any recommendations?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Free Trial BritBox -unable to add gift subscription

Jump to solution

@Tigger94941 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about any confusion. 

In this scenario, you would need to contact BritBox support to help you redeem a gift subscription. This may require that you subscribe separately, and directly to that channel/service (not via Roku billing). Third party gift cards or gift subscriptions must be redeemed directly with any channel/service provider via a direct subscription, and would not likely be applicable to Roku-billed subscriptions which use your Roku account as the payment method. 

You can reach BritBox support here for more help: https://www.britbox.com/us/help

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Free Trial BritBox -unable to add gift subscription

Jump to solution

@Tigger94941 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about any confusion. 

In this scenario, you would need to contact BritBox support to help you redeem a gift subscription. This may require that you subscribe separately, and directly to that channel/service (not via Roku billing). Third party gift cards or gift subscriptions must be redeemed directly with any channel/service provider via a direct subscription, and would not likely be applicable to Roku-billed subscriptions which use your Roku account as the payment method. 

You can reach BritBox support here for more help: https://www.britbox.com/us/help

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos