Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevPilot
Reel Rookie

France 24 is not loading and the app fails

Jump to solution

France 24 will not fully load and then fails jumping back to my listing of apps. I've seen this issue posted in the forum back in Feb of 2021 but it did not affect me then. I've followed the recommendations: delete the F24 app, reboot my Roku box and then reinstall. I've also checked for updates. Still, no change. The app tries to load, gets to the home screen, fails and then bounces back to the listing of my apps.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevPilot
Reel Rookie

Re: France 24 is not loading and the app fails

Jump to solution

Viva la France24! It is working again, My thanks to any and all that had a hand in this. It is nice to have this app back up & running!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
Clucks

France 24 not streaming

Jump to solution

New to Roku.  France 24 was working a few days ago and now the app opens and immediately closes again.  What’s my problem?

0 Kudos
carbfeast

Re: France 24 not streaming

Jump to solution

Having the same issue, uninstalled and re-installed France 24 Premium.  It crashed when switching from the English to the French channel.

I've sent "failed to launch" feedback but unless they switch languages it will appear to work.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Clucks @carbfeast 

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to France 24 directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the France 24 channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

FRANCE 24 APP NOT WORKING

Jump to solution

App isn't working, I deleted and attempted to reinstall and now france24 only appears as an app thru the dreaded 'Haystack' service. NOOOOO I want my France 24 back now!

0 Kudos
gotip
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine started crashing on opening today. Tried the solution and it still crashes immediately after opening... 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @gotip,

Thanks for the post.

Have you restarted your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back? If yes, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. 

Thanks,

Mary

gotip
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, I did. It did not solve the problem. I opened France24 last night and it worked fine. Today it is working again. I have a feeling it was a problem on their end. Thanks for the reply. 🙂

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: FRANCE 24 APP NOT WORKING

Jump to solution

Hi @MOTORSPEEDDRAG,

We appreciate your contact.

Have you tried restarting your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel? If yes, this is a good indication that there likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback. 

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
johnnycash
Streaming Star

France 24 not working?

Jump to solution

Can't get the live feed. 

0 Kudos