Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denhow
Roku Guru

Re: France 24 not working?

Jump to solution

It's working for me. I have the free version. Do you have the free version or the paid version?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: France 24 not worling?

Jump to solution

@johnnycash

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: France 24 is not loading and the app fails

Jump to solution

I can confirm this - I just tested the France 24 app version 1.5 with a new install and it dumps to Home.

Report this:

1) Highlight the France 24 app/Options (*)/Give us feedback/Channel failed to load

2) Contact Roku CS:   chat/email/phone -   https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options

(choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

You might also want to message @RokuDanny-R  @RokuMary-F  or @RokuKariza-D  and inform them as well.

3)  Contact France 24:    https://www.france24.com/en/applications

KevPilot
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

StreamerUser 

Thanks for you reply. Thanks for verifying my issue and thanks SO much for the trouble you went thru to help me. I've jumped onto your suggestions. Again, thank so much for your efforts!

• I pinged the three contacts you recommended so with luck, they can help.
  • The support link for F24 is so hilariously outdated it still lists Windows Phone 8, 
  • The Roku site link seems to think that my old Premier is not supported in chat
    • Oh well, still have the community
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Not just that, but the "Contact Us" link is broken as well.

Unfortunately since you are the only one that has noticed the issue enough to post here on the Roku forums, you may have to really (repeatedly) push on France24 to get the issue resolved, and it may take much longer as well.

0 Kudos
KevPilot
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Viva la France24! It is working again, My thanks to any and all that had a hand in this. It is nice to have this app back up & running!

0 Kudos
KevPilot
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Back up & running as of last night.

0 Kudos
gotip
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Works for a day. Then doesn't. Crashes as soon as it tries to load France 24 continually today. Shame, it used to be very reliable. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@gotip

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
gotip
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks. I did click on the site not loading from the app. Just checked and it is working today. Looks like the problem was on their side. Glad to see it is working today. 🙂

0 Kudos