Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fla
Reel Rookie

Foyles War Season 7 closed captioning

Watching Foyles War Season 7, closed captioning completely messed up. Not just out of sync, but sems to be from a different show or episode 

8 REPLIES 8
jlj7422
Binge Watcher

Re: Foyles War Season 7 closed captioning

Season 6 and 7, captions attached on correct season, but, out of sync with lips.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Fla @jlj7422

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please specify what channel, specific content title and episodes that you are experiencing this issue with?

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jlj7422
Binge Watcher

I have four totally different TVs (Sony, Samsung, Visio,  Visio) with ROKU devices, Express and Ultra.  Captions are out of sync on all TVs for some (if not all) episodes of Foyle's War in season 6 and 7.

Unplugging the TV and or ROKU device does NOT repair the problem.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@jlj7422

Thanks for the post.

As stated in my previous post, can you please specify what channel this is happening, specific content title and exact episodes that you are experiencing this issue with?

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jlj7422
Binge Watcher

Roku Acorn Foyle's War, Season 7, episodes 1 & 2.  I have not tried additional episodes in season 7.

Did not have this problem in seasons 1-6 nor no any other channels or shows on Acorn.

0 Kudos
Fla
Reel Rookie

Additional details on Topic:

I added the Acorn Channel "via the Roku channel," as opposed to installing the Acorn Channel independently. Closed caption was working great until season 7. Episode 1 was showing wrong words. When I got to season 8, it became apparent that the closed captioning was 1 Season off. Words for S7E1 were from S8E1.

I ended up uninstalling the ROKU Channel, which took Acorn with it. I then searched ACORN and installed that as a new channel (not via Roku Channel) and the closed captioning worked.

Using Roku Ultra (Ethernet connection, not WiFi). 

0 Kudos
jlj7422
Binge Watcher

I cancelled the "Acorn by Roku" channel subscription without removing the ROKU channel.  Then searched for and installed the Acorn channel subscription independently of Roku.  CC now works properly for Foyle's War Season 7.

Of course, I probably won't get credit for the remainder of the one month subscription ($5.99) paid on 02/25/21 for the "Acorn by Roku" channel subscription.  But then, the remainder of $5.99 is not going to break me AND I was REALLY UNHAPPY watching Foyle's War, one of my favorite shows, without CC.  Now that CC is fixed, I consider the unused portion of the $5.99 is worth it.

Thank you, FLA, for the fix.  Cheers!

Using Roku Ultra (Ethernet connection, not WiFi). 

John6806

Season 6 and 7 closed captioning not working.