Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldbreezy
Level 9

Re: Fox news audio stops ————-

Jump to solution

It’s Roku Danny, it’s Roku. Just like you guys stopped working with Spectrum, it’s your fault, not ours and not theirs. People are starting to go to other devices because of this, and in the long run it would’ve been cheaper for you guys to just fix it.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Foxnews - Unexpected Errors

Jump to solution

@fcefxer wrote:

Do you see the sixteen pages of complaints about this issue, just on this thread alone? Roku is the only device that this happens with. It sure looks like cancel culture to me. 

No, what you and so many others are missing is that the apps are built by the developer, Fox in this case. Roku is a different operating system than Apple TV or Fire TV. Each different operating system requires its own separate app, coded in a completely different language.

Apple's TVOS is similar to iOS, so building an iPhone app means you don't have to make a lot of changes to that code to make a TVOS app.

Roku's OS is very different. You can't take an iOS or TVOS app and put it on a Roku. You can't take an Amazon Fire OS app and put it on a Roku. They are all different, and require proficiency in different programming languages.

Don't go down the "it's cancel culture" path on this one. That cheapens your claims when it does happen.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@oldbreezy wrote:

It’s Roku Danny, it’s Roku. Just like you guys stopped working with Spectrum, it’s your fault, not ours and not theirs. People are starting to go to other devices because of this, and in the long run it would’ve been cheaper for you guys to just fix it.

You are missing that Roku didn't build the app. Fox News built the app. The app runs on a different OS, and that means a different programming language. The iOS programmers for Fox can't simply take the iOS or TVOS code they used and make a Roku app. It's a totally different thing.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
oldbreezy
Level 9

Jump to solution

The part you are missing is that it worked perfectly until August of last year. Have you ever considered calling Fox techs and asking them to work with you to fix the problem?  Tell them you have 57 pages of complaints and you want to fix it for your customers instead of blaming others for the problem and blaming us for noticing!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution
@oldbreezy wrote:

The part you are missing is that it worked perfectly until August of last year. Have you ever considered calling Fox techs and asking them to work with you to fix the problem?  Tell them you have 57 pages of complaints and you want to fix it for your customers instead of blaming others for the problem and blaming us for noticing!

You are using very selective memory (and definitely not the Forum's search function):

https://community.roku.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=foxnews&page=4&sort_by=-topicPostDate&...

Everything after page 4 is prior to August of last year.

You might want to consider the fact that the FoxNews app on Roku is just poorly coded & managed - especially as of late (unfortunately it is).

Again, as you've been repeatedly informed, Roku doesnt code the FoxNews app - FoxNews does.

Not sure what other entity you think "Roku is blaming" other than Foxnews (because its their app and they code it), and there isnt any "blame the customer for noticing" coming from anyone - just redirection to the responsible corporate party: 

FoxNews:   https://help.foxnews.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

If FoxNews has poor customer service that you dont want to/prefer not to deal with, that again isn't Roku's responsibility - its FoxNews' responsibility.

ss396gms
Level 7

Jump to solution

Fox News has been a issue for 5-6 years now. Blaming Fox News is a - Passing the buck - answer. Fox news is the top viewed news outlet by far. Year after year. I have noticed this channel getting worse every year. Kinda sets a pattern. Roku is to blame here. If it walks like a duck...............................

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@ss396gms 

Roku did not build the poorly coded app. Fox News did. Fox News needs to fix it.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
BobScully
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've had issues with Roku and Fox Nation. When I subscribed to FN through Roku I could get all the shows EXCEPT Tucker Carlson. No reason/no explanation. I canceled that subscription and resubscribed through the internet and achieved better results. Latest Roku insult: When I put Fox Nation at the front of the cue in channels on my Roku the Roku folks must have some kind of algorithm that periodically moves Fox Nation channel to the bottom last position. 

0 Kudos
dsayer4music
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, tells me Acess to this progrom not included with your Spectrum subscription. I don't even have Spectrum, I have Xfinity. This happens almost everytime. It is almost like they are also trying to control which news I watch.

0 Kudos
Johnnygooddeeds
Level 9

Jump to solution

I ended up subscribing to a service that included Fox News. I think that’s the only way you’ll get it. Think of Roku as a device that manages your subscriptions. Although it does have The Roku Channel that has a lot of free TV, but not FOX News which is a Premium Channel. Be fore warned, YouTube  TV  and Roku are at war with each other. 

0 Kudos