Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Fox News Channel not working right!

Jump to solution

RokuDanny,

You're answer is the same one you gave to others when this thread started.  Did you even read their comments?  A few of us have contacted Fox News and they said it was a Roku problem!  Why do you continue to pawn off this issue, when Roku has yet to do any kind of investigation?  You are the provider and we expect your folks who are much more technical than any of us to, at a minimum, doing some investigation--and not continue to blame the app.  Prove to us that it's an app issue, and we'll escalate it.  Until then, we will continue to make our frustration heard, while trying to find an alternate provider whose support is a bit more above par.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hey Danny , answer me this , why does the Fox app work fine on other platforms but the only problems I have are on the three Roku devices I own and the problems are the same ? SOMEONE within the Roku organization knows or is responsible. Is this anyway to treat consumers , I think not. It's called discrimination and it opens the door to lawsuits. We as consumers are not stupid and can see that this is a purely political action. We respectfully ask that the individual or individuals responsible these problems be found and that the problem be corrected. Thank You.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

C'mon Danny!. We did that already!! Fox does not even acknowledge us, it will take you as a platform fencing then for not attending to customer concerns.  Afro playing this game that it's up to us! You offered the platform and we pay for the services and are not receiving them.  Where is the customer service?

Highlighted
Level 7

Fox news audio stops

Jump to solution

The Fox news Roku app stops streaming the audio video is fine it'll play just fine for I don't know 20 minutes it goes to commercial break when it comes back there's no audio I've tried uninstalling reinstalling, resetting to factory my Roku device and I still have the issue. It does not do it on any other apps that have commercial breaks only Fox news

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Fox News Go app loses sound when going to commercial & never comes back on unless the app is stopped then started again DURING the broadcast, so you automatically miss content of the live broadcast. Funny thing is, CNN, MSNBC, and all other liberal news channels work without any issue. The Fox News app works fine on my Apple devices, works fine on my Android devices, works fine on tvs that don’t have to go through Roku. This is a Roku problem! I, too, believe it is also a devious, albeit, stupid, way to influence an election - by literally limiting the voices of Fox News. Perhaps we should all join together to fight back by contacting the FCC, the RNC, and any regulatory government agencies to raise OUR voices against these first amendment inhibitors who are trying so desperately to silence us!

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Fox news audio stops

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problem as you are describing. This started today. But prior to that the past two days with the Fox News app It would get hung up on loading it going from show to commercials as well as going from commercials to the show. The only way for me to fix this was to go back to the homepage and log back in to the Fox News app. However I am now having the same audio problems you’ve described. After a factory reset it is still not resolved the problem.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue!  

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I truly believe, now, that this is nothing but a political silencing by Roku! They may try to silence Fox News, but there is more than one outlet to get our news. All the while other propaganda (fake news) apps like CNN (Commie News Network) and MSDNC are working fine.  How do you explain that, Roku?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Same problem. Comcast conspiracy? 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Probably not, it's doing the same thing on Cox...