Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smorse99
Level 7

Re: Roku Channel App Losing Audio After Commercials

Jump to solution

Must be the largest shareholders are Dems!

45-2nd
Level 8

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue with FOX only. I agree with you ROKU is jumping in with FB and Twitter on censoring!

Amandoo
Level 7

Re: Fox News Channel not working right!

Jump to solution

This is not a solution in my opinion. This should remain a problem until actually fixed. 

sconner124
Level 7

Fox News App dropping sound on Roku

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultras using Fox News App drops the sound every time a commercial come on. I have to restart the app to get sound back. This has been happened the last 2 days. I have reloaded the App and it does not help.

ewalter3
Level 7

Re: FOX news

Jump to solution

I am also having problems with FOX News - in and out sound - screen goes blank and then it will wake up for a few minutes - any known problems or fixers for that.

bighanded
Level 8

Re: FOX news

Jump to solution

hmm..had not seen that, but then I've not watched them (or any major news) for a good while..found that if I turned all that off, the world just seemed a bit brighter (I'm very much a conservative..don't get me wrong, and don't want to thread this to politics)  just haven't been tuning in.

Xorfner
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having this on Fox as well.  

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Foxnews - Unexpected Errors

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Fox News Channel not working right!

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

If you have already tried to remove the channel, restart your device and then add the channel back again  and the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Fox News Channel directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Fox News channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.foxnews.com/contact

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MsMSMSmSSSSSS
Level 8

Re: Foxnews - Unexpected Errors

Jump to solution

Thank you. but you are naive. Believe me, not all people live the way you do. I am not using app. I am in a place where there is no FoxNews channel on TV. Only through roku I can watch FOX. My main provider is very far away. I have no way of checking how FOX works directly through my provider.

I pay a lot of money to my provider to watch FoxNews. I have only one way - watch FOX through roku Apparently, I will have to remove the FoxNews channel from my expensive provider. Why pay big money if the FOX channel shows with big errors? Apparently FOX doesn't need subscribers and money.

I don't understand what the business of FOX, how its subscribers watch the channel. I pay money to my provider for viewing the channel. I did not watch FOX for free. Why FOX always fighting with roku? Looks like FOX go to bankrupt soon and want to receive few additional cents from everybody. OK. FOX lost at least one subscriber.