Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fox Sports Go

Hi all,

I have a question re the Fox Sports Go app.

I have a Roku 4 (4200X) and I use my parents DirecTV account to login as they have Fox Sports. However, a lot of the sports I want to watch are on Fox Soccer Plus, which my brother subscribes to thru his DirecTV account. I have tried to use his login on the Roku Fox Sports Go app, but I never reach the login/authentication page on my browser, and therefore cannot access Soccer Plus. I have signed out of the app on the Roku and have even removed the app entirely; then I try to activate it thru the Fox Sports website with the code that is displayed on the Roku app. The activation code is always accepted and the browser asks me to select my cable provider, but it never gets to the login screen for DirecTV - it just comes up with a message saying that activation was successful and then returns to the app home screen, bypassing the cable provider login completely.

I thought that my browser (Chrome) may have been caching the login details for my parents account (although I don't have the same issue with Starz or Showtime, for example); I have tried opening a private browsing window and have gone thru the same process, without luck. I have also tried it from another computer and have even tried using a completely different browser (Safari) - again with no luck.

Does anyone have any idea how I can login to Fox Sports Go successfully using my brother's account? Do I need to logout of my Roku account completely and try again, or even reset the device and then try?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Fox Sports Go

You need to log in with your own account with whatever cable service you subscribe to. Alternatively, it's available on Playstation Vue and YouTube TV.
0 Kudos

"scottypie1234" wrote:
You need to log in with your own account with whatever cable service you subscribe to. Alternatively, it's available on Playstation Vue and YouTube TV.

That's the problem - I can't login with any other account now. The app is authenticated against my parents account already. If I sign out of the app and get a new activation code, I can select my cable provider. But instead of asking me for my username and password it goes right to the "successfully activated" screen - as if all of the login details have been cached already. As I said, I have tried using a different laptop and different browsers but I still have the same issue.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Roku is indeed remembering what your credentials are for the Fox family of apps. You an only use one for the whole suite of apps.

You'll need to log out of all of them. -- FoxNow, Fox Sports, FXNow, and any others.

Once you do that, you might want to remove the apps.

Next, and this is critical, reboot the Roku.

After you've removed all the Fox apps, then rebooted the Roku, clear your browser from all cookies and local storage for any *fox* or *fx* Website.

Then, clear your browser infor for any *directv* or *att* Website.

Now, you should be able to log in to the desired DirecTV Now account in your browser.

Finally, add one -- only one -- Fox app back to the Roku. Authenticate against DirecTV Now.

Does it work? If so, add the next Fox family app.

If not, report back.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
beq
Level 8

Didn't Fox announce a few months back that they're combining all Fox, FX, and National Geographic content into their revamped Fox Now app?  And recently, hasn't the Fox Now app posted notification that they're even combining Fox Sports content as well?  In fact Fox Now's Live TV portion is pretty interesting, with a multi-channel (mini cable) grid guide.

I don't watch Fox properties enough to know this firsthand.  Do the FX Now and Nat Geo TV (and Fox Sports Go) apps still offer content that can't be found in Fox Now?

In fact the latest FX Now app seems to follow Fox Now in combining all the multi-channel content, are they just mirror apps now?

Anyways, I had removed the FX Now and Nat Geo TV apps months ago from my family's Rokus since I had heard they've been merged into Fox Now, is this incorrect?

P.S.  To make matters even more confusing, will all this change soon when Disney acquires the Fox cable networks?  Will the FX and Nat Geo content be "un-merged" so that the Fox Now app will only have the Fox broadcast content, plus maybe Fox Sports?
0 Kudos

"Basil" wrote:
Roku is indeed remembering what your credentials are for the Fox family of apps. You an only use one for the whole suite of apps.

You'll need to log out of all of them. -- FoxNow, Fox Sports, FXNow, and any others.

Once you do that, you might want to remove the apps.

Next, and this is critical, reboot the Roku.

After you've removed all the Fox apps, then rebooted the Roku, clear your browser from all cookies and local storage for any *fox* or *fx* Website.

Then, clear your browser infor for any *directv* or *att* Website.

Now, you should be able to log in to the desired DirecTV Now account in your browser.

Finally, add one -- only one -- Fox app back to the Roku. Authenticate against DirecTV Now.

Does it work? If so, add the next Fox family app.

If not, report back.

Thanks so much for your help Basil. I followed your instructions, but still cannot get into Fox Soccer Plus on the Fox Sports Go app. I can now login in to my brother's DirecTV account and authenticate the app, but when selecting FS1 or 2 or FSPlus, I get an error message saying "something went wrong. Encountered an unrecoverable error playing this video. Please try again later".
I powercycled my router and Roku and can now access FS1 and 2, but still no FSPlus. I know my brother has it - I was at his place earlier today watching it! Unsure what is going on and why I cannot access FSP. Any ideas on this?
Cheers.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"beq" wrote:
Anyways, I had removed the FX Now and Nat Geo TV apps months ago from my family's Rokus since I had heard they've been merged into Fox Now, is this incorrect? ...

That's an excellent question. I noticed that one seemed to include the others. Whether they'll go to just a single app, or if they'll stay like they are -- perhaps to get watchers of one channel to start watching others -- I have no idea. It'll be interesting to see what they do.
"beq" wrote:
... To make matters even more confusing, will all this change soon when Disney acquires the Fox cable networks?  Will the FX and Nat Geo content be "un-merged" so that the Fox Now app will only have the Fox broadcast content, plus maybe Fox Sports?

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with ESPN. I don't watch enough of their content during this time of year to know -- I use it mainly for college football in the fall -- but it looks like they're pushing -- hard -- their ESPN+ add-on. Fox coming into the mix could result in, well, anything. It's gonna be frustrating til it all gets sorted out, I'm afraid.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos