Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Fox Sports Go app thinks i am in Ohio but i live in Detroit

Jump to solution

I logged into Fox Sports Go app the other day with my att/uverse log in and password.  After a successful activation I was given all sorts of Ohio sports....Cleveland Cavalier BB games or NHL blue jackets etc....I live in Detroit.  I have always lived in Detroit.  When I used the app called Fox Sports Detroit which I can no longer find I could see all Detroit stuff.  I assume this app replaced Fox Sports Detroit and after activation it knows where I am by ip address?  I have logged out and back in numerous times with the same result.  What do I do???        

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Fox Sports Go app thinks i am in Ohio but i live in Detroit

Jump to solution

@trishohio 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend reaching out to Fox Sports Go support for further assistance. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Fox Sports Go support here: https://help.fox.com/s/article/FOX-Sports-GO-Technical-Issues

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Did you find out anything about this? I'm trying to get Fox Sports Ohio on Roku. Not listed under Fox Sports and Fox Sports Go says to use the Fox Sports. I was hoping to get Fox Sports Ohio for when baseball returns! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@trishohio 

Thanks for the note.

We would recommend reaching out to Fox Sports Go support for further assistance. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Fox Sports Go support here: https://help.fox.com/s/article/FOX-Sports-GO-Technical-Issues

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Kind of...my IP address shows I’m in Columbus Ohio. I just found this out. I forgot about the problem and just went back to it the other day. So I emailed the keeper of my IP address and they say it will be corrected at the end of the month. So when you open the fox sports go app what do you get? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sorry Danny but telling me to contact the app is not a solution.  And thanks for the advice 6 months later.

0 Kudos