Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Fox News suddenly not working

"mvaldez449" wrote:
I was going to buy 3 more Roku's, not now. As far as I am concerned Roku does not like FOX so it messes with it's customers. So many people have the same problem it is just obvious. I will find something else that works and does not make me work to get a station. I also watch CNN and there is NEVER a problem. What's up with that!

Or, you could realize the issue with the app was related to the app and service, not Roku. But believe what you feel like believing, regardless of the truth.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Legierk
Level 8

So, other than "it may be a problem with Fox servers", do we really know what is causing this? I have done everything also, including signing out and back in of service provider. Immediately goes to "unexpected error". Does Roku know who we can contact at Fox? Surely someone has an email address for the person that is developing the app. For Pete's sake.
0 Kudos
Greg_M1
Level 7

"mvaldez449" wrote:
I was going to buy 3 more Roku's, not now. As far as I am concerned Roku does not like FOX so it messes with it's customers. So many people have the same problem it is just obvious. I will find something else that works and does not make me work to get a station. I also watch CNN and there is NEVER a problem. What's up with that!

Obviously CNN is sabotaging Fox
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. We've passed this feedback along to Fox News. 

Please feel free to contact Fox News support to follow up and request further assistance with their channel. You can reach their support team here: 
https://help.foxnews.com/hc/en-us

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
guitarmanrrg
Level 7

I'm so glad that you folks are looking into this. It has been driving nuts trying to get either the Fox news or the Fox business.
I've submitted a ticket to Fox news as well. I hope they don't drag their feet.
Thank you.
0 Kudos
Precise1
Level 7

I thinks its a Roku problem. It is telling me that “service provider currently doesn’t grant access to this content.” My service provider it Roku.

I use directv to and att to access in on my Roku and on my IPhone. I have no problem watching it on my phone.
0 Kudos
guitarmanrrg
Level 7

I would agree that it is Roku's problem to see Fox fixes the apps that are allowed in their system as soon as possible. They have to be proactive to see that Fox fixes them, not just pass on feedback.
We've passed this feedback along to Fox News.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

The use of 'service provider' is referring to your cable/satellite/TV subscription provider, not your Roku device. The error message you are seeing relates to an issue with the authentication mechanism used by that channel publisher to verify your cable/satellite/TV provider credentials in their systems, and authorize the content to stream to your Roku device. 

Roku is a device/software platform that offers service providers the ability to publish a channel (app). When issues are reported with a channel, we alert the channel publisher (who develops the channel) and request that they investigate and resolve the issue. This process is similar to how a mobile app issue would be handled on a mobile device. For example, Google/Android or Apple/iOS do not resolve app issues directly as they do not develop the apps; they request that the app developer review and resolve issues within their app and provide an updated version that addresses the issue. 

Rest assured we have reached out accordingly and are awaiting further resolution from the channel publisher. Contacting them directly would be the best way to receive the latest status updates on their progress. 

Please feel free to send me a PM if you have any further questions that I can assist with. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
guitarmanrrg
Level 7

Thank you so much.
0 Kudos
overtimeman
Level 8

Download the Fox Now app from the store.It has a live stream of Fox News and so far it's been stable.
I used to have a life before Roku!
0 Kudos