Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RadioboyWV
Level 7

Fox News suddenly not working

Fox News Channel------I've had minor issues before, but generally, once I get the live-stream working it's been flawless until today. Now I suddenly can't keep it running. It comes on for 10 seconds and immediately goes to Unexpected error. -------what gives? Yes Internet is fine, all other channels are fine. Yes......removed channel, rebooted, put channel back in, rebooted all routers.......all that regular stuff.
0 Kudos
31 Replies
RadioboyWV
Level 7

Re: Fox News suddenly not working

Well..........NOT I can't' even get it to come on for 10 seconds..........pauses and immediately goes to "Unexpected error"
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

I don't believe there's been a firmware update within the last day or so. Sounds more like Fox is having server issues at their end. Not saying that it can't be the Roku, but when something like this happens with a particular channel it's often been the far end that had the problem.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Greg_M1
Level 7

Tried to watch SOTU speech on Fox last night and had the same issues.
Using Roku 3
0 Kudos
Misuteri
Level 7

This just started with me as well.

I was getting it during commercial breaks and would relaunch and it would be fine.

Now I can't even get it to log in.
0 Kudos
kydude
Level 7

i logged out of the TV provider account and back in.  It is working now.  
0 Kudos
jmee
Level 7

I have had this issue for 6-8 months and Fox News is the only channel I can't watch on my TV's that are "powered" by Roku.  I have tried deleting the Fox News Channel and reinstalling it, but it still won't work.  I can Stream Fox news on my laptop and my iPhone.  I read one of the posts from March 5th that said they logged out of the TV provider account and logged back in, but I'm not sure how that is done.  Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
bvd1022
Level 9

"jmee" wrote:
I have had this issue for 6-8 months and Fox News is the only channel I can't watch on my TV's that are "powered" by Roku.  I have tried deleting the Fox News Channel and reinstalling it, but it still won't work.  I can Stream Fox news on my laptop and my iPhone.  I read one of the posts from March 5th that said they logged out of the TV provider account and logged back in, but I'm not sure how that is done.  Any ideas?

I don't follow Fox News, but I remember reading this week from I believe Cord Cutters News that Fox is developing a new streaming service strictly for Fox News. While, it wouldn't explain the bugs with the app you guys have described, maybe their in the process of updating the app to include the new service. I know the article I read said they had launched a website for it, but I am not certain what the address is.
0 Kudos
Miami_Son
Level 8

They heard you were complaining about their ads and cut you off. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
mvaldez449
Level 7

I was going to buy 3 more Roku's, not now. As far as I am concerned Roku does not like FOX so it messes with it's customers. So many people have the same problem it is just obvious. I will find something else that works and does not make me work to get a station. I also watch CNN and there is NEVER a problem. What's up with that!
0 Kudos