Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zonata
Channel Surfer

Fox News channel wont open

Why is Fox News channel no longer able to load on Roku.  Ive reset my Roku twice, removed and reinstalled the channel three times which by the way never brings me back to sign in with my cable provider.  Whats up?

9 REPLIES 9
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Re: Fox News channel wont open

I suggest reaching out to Fox News channel and asking them since there are the ones who developed the channel

0 Kudos
4ac

were you able to get help? 

is there a tech support page/chat line we can use to resolve this?

I deleted the app and then reinstalled. still not working . 

all other apps are. 

Zonata
Channel Surfer

I will when Roku says its not Roku that is the problem.

0 Kudos
Zonata
Channel Surfer

All my apps work but FoxNews.  Was working fine two days ago.  Went on a weekend trip and now wont load.

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Fox News develops the channel. So they would be responsible for addressing the issue. It’s possible your Roku updated to version 11 which could invert affect the channel from working. But I would still be up to Fox to update their channel to work with a new Roku operating system

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

0 Kudos
Zonata
Channel Surfer

Thanks, that would make sense but my ROKU software version is 10.5.0

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Zonata

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > reinstall), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Zonata
Channel Surfer

Thanks Kariza, I’ve done all that didn’t work.  

I just checked again and is working fine now.  Had to connect like the first time with code and login with directv.  Maybe it just needed some time for the reset or the fox app was under maintenance who knows.  

I appreciate all who added their input its appreciated, thank you!