Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Fox News channel picture keeps going blank.

Jump to solution

I have keep hitting the back button to get the picture back. This happens mostly when going to commercials I still get sound when this happens. I have no problems with other channels and everything is up to date.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Fox News channel picture keeps going blank.

Jump to solution

Also, there have been reports of the Fox channel having issues overall. Roku does not maintain or support the channel, either Fox or someone they contract with provides the channel and support, so you'd need to contact Fox if it continues. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@biller2007 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can reach Fox News support here: https://www.foxnews.com/contact

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

The commercials may be at a different resolution or frame rate than the rest of the programming and for whatever reason I think the FOX/Roku combination is not making the proper transition when changing back from the commercial. 

You may be able to get your picture back when this happens if you rewind a second or two. (On rereading I see you've already discovered this.)

Check Settings > Display type.  If your Roku is set to Auto detect, try setting it to your tv's actual resolution and see if that helps.

Let us know how you make out.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

Also, there have been reports of the Fox channel having issues overall. Roku does not maintain or support the channel, either Fox or someone they contract with provides the channel and support, so you'd need to contact Fox if it continues. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

That didn't help. I even downgraded my display setting to 1080P and that didn't help. The Fox app need fixing. All my other Roku channels work just fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

You wouldn't happen to know the contacts Roku has for Fox News? I rather forward my complaint with the developer directly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

Jump to solution

@biller2007 wrote:

You wouldn't happen to know the contacts Roku has for Fox News? I rather forward my complaint with the developer directly.

@RokuDanny-R might be able to answer that. It might be Tuesday before he's online again, since Monday is a US holiday. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@biller2007 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can reach Fox News support here: https://www.foxnews.com/contact

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Fox News channel keeps asking for a code every time it goes to commercial, can some one help me on this? I got this for my dad who is elderly, he’s going to get frustrated if he has to keep going to home button and scroll down to Fox News over and over

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@dvelcro 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried the suggestion of RokuDanny's outlined previous. It did not work for my issue either. My issue is while watching Fox News channel on Ruko, it only plays live for about a two minutes, and then a blue screen appears saying "FREE PREVIEW EXPIRED" "Your free preview has expired. Please sign to your TV provider below to continue." I do this and then enter the code given, and it goes back to Fox News Chanel for an instant, and then reverts right back to this blue screen. I have tried to resolve many times to no avail.

I have never had this issue in the past.

0 Kudos