Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RadioboyWV
Level 7

Fox News Huntington Bank spots

For the love of GOD and all that is holy...…. Fox News has become almost impossible to watch.  Roku is the only TV I have.  EVERY SINGLE BREAK plays the SAME TWO Huntington Bank spots over and over and over and over...….sometimes playing both of them twice in the same break.  It's maddening. I have had to 'mute' during breaks to keep my sanity.  
          Please...…..PLEASE at least fill a couple of breaks with PSA's like the Indian crying over litter or something once in a while.  it's really bad....been going on now for almost 2 months.  In a one hour show, I see the same two spots each played at least 12 times each in a one hour period. Ridiculous. 
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Fox News Huntington Bank spots

"RadioboyWV" wrote:
For the love of GOD and all that is holy...…. Fox News has become almost impossible to watch.  Roku is the only TV I have.  EVERY SINGLE BREAK plays the SAME TWO Huntington Bank spots over and over and over and over...….sometimes playing both of them twice in the same break.  It's maddening. I have had to 'mute' during breaks to keep my sanity.  
          Please...…..PLEASE at least fill a couple of breaks with PSA's like the Indian crying over litter or something once in a while.  it's really bad....been going on now for almost 2 months.  In a one hour show, I see the same two spots each played at least 12 times each in a one hour period. Ridiculous. 

You don't think it's Fox that is responsible for the ads on the Fox News app?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos

"RadioboyWV" wrote:

This is your brain on Fox News.
0 Kudos
RadioboyWV
Level 7

Fully aware that Fox News is responsible. All the cable-news channels do this, and most OTHER channels as well. Fox News is the only one that does it to THIS level. VERY annoying.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

If you are looking to tell Fox that, you should probably tell Fox. Posting here won't accomplish that.

You will get others who feel the same way to sympathize, though. That's not a bad thing.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
DubTaylor
Level 10

The real answer is:
Sky News

1) If there is anything happening anywhere that may be considered 'News' - Sky is covering it.
2) I found out recently if you want to shut down the British Government System - crash a hatchback into a concrete pillar thingy.
3) I think they have one sponsor, but the spot is so short and so gentle, I can't say I know who they are, but I think it's an airline.
4) Murderous rampages can go on for hours with kitchen cutlery, 'cause that's how long it takes to get the Special Police with the guns to show up.
5) They do a loop, of sorts, if nothing pressing is going on, so when you think you may have heard it already, rest assured you've gotten enough News and can go do something else.

I also like NHK.
They may also have a sponsor. I can't tell you who they are, so it's not painful at all.
Between 10 minute news breaks, they run interesting shows, some with the most hilarious voice dubbing you'll hear anywhere. 
If you think that Knock Down, Drag Out Fight Club is good, wait until you get into Sumo. The matches are over in seconds and I have never seen one 350 pound guy throw another 350 pound guy into a table-prop outside the ring, but if you're wondering where the thong was invented, you can stop wondering..

You get News, Sports and Special Interest Entertainment. What's not to love?

Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
RadioboyWV
Level 7

I'm simply talking about the 'repetitive commercial content' of streaming services here. Maybe I should've used MSNBC as an example instead. It just gets really old really fast when you have the same 4 spots force fed to you during every break...…..Maybe I should've used CNN, or TBS as an example.  Sorry for the inconvenience. Frankly, I can't believe more people don't complain vehemently about it. 
0 Kudos
RadioboyWV
Level 7

And by the way...…...I HAVE complained to several streaming  channels about it, post pretty much what I posted originally.  It makes TV watching really messed up. Almost Orwellian. 
0 Kudos
Miami_Son
Level 7

Open an account there and tell them they no longer need to target you with their ads. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos