Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bwight
Level 7

Fox News/Fox Business requires daily dish connect

Jump to solution

My Amazon stick doesn't do this and I'm sick of it.  Any help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Fox News/Fox Business requires daily dish connect

Jump to solution

@bwight

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@bwight

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ice-nine
Level 9

Jump to solution

This constant requirement to authenticate your provider credentials is totally frustrating.  Even more frustrating is the apparent lack of interest Roku has in helping solve this issue.  I've contacted Fox News regarding this problem as Roku has suggested, but I never get a reply.  At this point I consider the Fox News app permanently broken and Roku should remove it from their Channel Store in order to prompt Fox News to fix the app.  As long as Roku makes the app available, I believe they also take on the responsibility for it not working.  Both Fox News and Roku are responsible for this problem.  

REB352
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the very same problem - solution may be to use an Amazon Firestick on my Roku TV!!

0 Kudos
ice-nine
Level 9

Jump to solution

Roku is total garbage. I couldn't even sign in and had to restart my Roku Streaming Stick just to get to the prompt to re-authenticate my subscription today.  This is total BS.  

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

It is total garbage - the FoxNews app (and its service management) is pretty bad.

FoxNews can't be bothered to expend sufficient resources fixing the app and managing its service.

If you just want to watch FoxNews (or Fox Business) LIVE, then I recommend using the FoxNow app.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/4cf4dd4728f6c44e16d6d28f3e057eab/fox-now

0 Kudos