Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fox News Commercial Break?

Fox News app on Roku. Going into the app everything is fine except Fox News Channel Live. It goes to a screen saying, "Commercial break in progress." It never goes to the live stream.

It allows me to watch News Now live and Fix Sports live, just not Fox news live.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Fox News Commercial Break?

The FoxNews app Live feed (on all platforms) seems to be having some trouble (I just tested it, and the FoxNews live feed isnt working, though the FBN live feed is)

You'll need to report this to FoxNews:

https://help.foxnews.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

In the meantime, you can watch FoxNews live using the FoxNow app (free preview and authenticated with provider login).

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Odds are this is something Fox has to fix at their end, but you can try reinstalling the channel to see if that helps.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel from the channel store.  Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

FoxNews fixed this issue sometime in the early afternoon.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@StreamerUser wrote:

FoxNews fixed this issue sometime in the early afternoon.

Hallelujia!   Now things will quiet down here until Fox starts messing around with it again.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
trisha_h

fox news network commercial break

is anyone else suffering from "Commercial break in progress fox news will return shortly" ??? over and over on the network usually right after a 5 minute commercial break has happened..this has been going on since we installed and reinstalled fox news....anyone???

0 Kudos
RIckP1

Re: fox news network commercial break

I also have this problem. The screen goes black and “add info” is in right corner of screen.  
I also have problem with remote not responding. Takes minutes to change programs or channels between commands from remote. 

0 Kudos
Iraisok
Reel Rookie

Not true!  Happens on each of my three Roku 4K sticks and when it happen locks up the entire stick.  I think if I do not go to the Fox News app and simply watch it on the Spectrum app (I subscribe) no problem.  Never see that.

I don’t know who really is to blame but it is NOT FIXED YET!

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Iraisok 

What's probably happening is it is fixed, but then something else happens that causes it again.

Likely, there is something about the ads and how they are served that cause issues. This actually happens more than one would think. And I'm not limiting to Roku with this.

Now, it could be an issue with the streaming platform, but if that was the case it would happen on many more apps.

It could be with the app itself, and I do think that is the issue. Fox News apps for Roku have a horrible history of being unstable.

The ads could also be served from different sources, and those sources could be the cause of the problem.

If it's the ad server, it may accidentally fix itself, then start up again later. If it's Roku, it'll be hard for Roku to confirm, and then hard to fix because since it doesn't happen with so many other apps. If it's the app, an update may resolve it, if they even acknowledge it.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Iraisok
Reel Rookie

I sent same concern and info to FoxNews.

0 Kudos