Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
gandalf1369
Level 7

Fox News Channel

Anyone else having a problem with the Fox News Channel??  Here's my situation . . .

I have a Roku Stick+ attached directly to my Sony Bravia X900E TV.  The TV itself runs Android TV and has apps (or channels) that can be downloaded.  I have installed the Fox News Channel on both the Roku Stick+ and the Sony TV.

Both channels were working fine and I was able to sign into both with my Verizon FIOS account.  All of a sudden, a couple of days ago, the Fox channel on the Roku stopped working and displays the message "Your provider does not support this content".  The funny thing is the app on the Sony TV continues to function without problem and it is signed in with the same FIOS account.

Anyone have any thoughts on this . . .

Thanks.
0 Kudos
18 Replies

Re: Fox News Channel

Doesn't Fox News now have a subscription service? Perhaps that's why the old channel has been disabled.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"gandalf1369" wrote:
Anyone else having a problem with the Fox News Channel??  Here's my situation . . .

I have a Roku Stick+ attached directly to my Sony Bravia X900E TV.  The TV itself runs Android TV and has apps (or channels) that can be downloaded.  I have installed the Fox News Channel on both the Roku Stick+ and the Sony TV.

Both channels were working fine and I was able to sign into both with my Verizon FIOS account.  All of a sudden, a couple of days ago, the Fox channel on the Roku stopped working and displays the message "Your provider does not support this content".  The funny thing is the app on the Sony TV continues to function without problem and it is signed in with the same FIOS account.

Anyone have any thoughts on this . . .

Thanks.

Two different family members with two different cable subscriptions are experiencing this issue on Roku. One is able to use the cable authentication on the Apple TV app, though. My guess is there is something wonky with the connection between the cable service, Fox, and the Roku app. I'd suggest starting with the cable provider about it.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
gandalf1369
Level 7

@DBDukes:

Any idea what cable provider(s) the family members are using??  As I had mentioned I am on Verizon FIOS . . . 
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"gandalf1369" wrote:
@DBDukes:

Any idea what cable provider(s) the family members are using??  As I had mentioned I am on Verizon FIOS . . . 

One uses Comcast. One uses a small one-city local cable company.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
gandalf1369
Level 7

I'm beginning to think that it's a problem with the Roku channel.  As I had mentioned in my first post, I signed in with my Verizon FIOS account on both my TV and Roku.  Only the Roku gave me a problem.  As a test, I just recently signed into the Roku channel using my son's AT&T account - same problem.

Given that DBDukes family members are using Comcast and a small city provider and are having the same problem the only commonality is the Roku Fox News channel.  I'll try contacting Fox News and see what they say.
0 Kudos
dad004
Level 7

(issue occurring on Roku box and TCL SmartTV)

I get the same error:   Your provider does not support this content

I use the Fox App on my Roku.  My provider is Directv.  I removed the Fox News app and reinstalled/authenticated with Directv.    I still get the same error.  However, I can watch Fox News on my laptop with the same credentials, so it doesn't appear to be an issue with my provider.

Can Roku support provide any input?
0 Kudos
Greg_M1
Level 7

Same issue here. It just started.
DirecTv and Roku 3
0 Kudos
JackSlappy
Level 7

Same problem here. Verizon FIOS with Roku Express+ (I tried both of my Rokus). I can get Fox News live content on my iPhone, iPad and my PC as well as the Fox Business equivalent. Got on with FIOS support rep and we reset passwords, cleared cache, bounced the Roku a few times, removed and re-added channels with no change. FIOS support said it was either the Fox app or an issue with Roku. Same errors with the Fox Business app. I tried the Fox Sports app. It authenticated and launched with no issues..
0 Kudos
Legierk
Level 8

Same here....surely someone (from Roku or Fox)  will step up and at least be honest that there is currently an issue.
0 Kudos