Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob38jr

Fox Nation access limited to TV with Roku device

I have a paid account for Fox Nation on my TV with a Roku device but on another TV (Samsung) I downloaded the Fox Nation app but cannot log into it.

With a paid account for Fox Nation is there a way to access it from a device other than the Roku connected TV?

Thanks, Rob

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Fox Nation access limited to TV with Roku device

Are you paying for Fox Nation through Roku, or directly with Fox? If it's through Roku, then you've found out the hard way the limitations of going through a 3rd party payment.

0 Kudos
msbdesigner
Reel Rookie

I pay for my Fox Nation account on my computer directly through Fox Nation.  Do I need a double subscription to view it on my roku tv.  I don't see a sign in button?  I will pay double if I have to but won't like it

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

No, such a subscription should work on multiple devices. Are you certain you have the correct app installed on the Samsung? Some providers have two different versions of their apps. One is for direct subscription, such as you have. The other can only be used with a TV provider's login, such as a cable or satellite service in which your subscription includes the channel you're attempting to access. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
msbdesigner
Reel Rookie

Hmmm not sure it is the one they prompted you to install on setup.  Do I actually have to search for the app?  And by the way do they offer Fox News for us conservative junkies

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

For reference, this appears to be the official Fox Nation app:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/77604fb8acc15b958b633830cf903783/fox-nation

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I can't say what's available. I don't use apps on my Smart TVs, instead using Roku and Shield players. I don't care for any of the "news" channels, as all carry biases of some type. I do look at numerous news web sites, but in general don't watch anything but movies and TV shows from either online sources or my home media server. Most news sources are too liberal for me, while some conservative sources are too far the other way. I tend to dismiss most all of them for one reason or another. 😄

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
msbdesigner
Reel Rookie

Fair enough but thanks for the info nonetheless

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@msbdesigner wrote:

Hmmm not sure it is the one they prompted you to install on setup.  Do I actually have to search for the app?  And by the way do they offer Fox News for us conservative junkies

You can access FoxNews via the FoxNews or FoxNow apps on Roku (make sure you authenticate/activate).

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Fox News and Fox Nation are two separate things. The Fox News apps are mainly for cable/satellite subscribers. Fox Nation is a stand-alone subscription.

0 Kudos