Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MrPink
Level 8

Re: Fox Channels No Longer Available On Roku

Jump to solution

Amazing.  Absolutely no one here has any visibility whatsoever into what the situation actually is.  But everyone is quick to point the finger and blame ROKU, blame liberals, threaten to ask for refunds, etc., etc. etc.  Sure, I wish the people at ROKU had given us more advance notice.  I think that would have been prudent. 

How about this for a possible scenario: it's not ROKU at all.  Speculating here, but suppose the situation is exactly the reverse of what everyone thinks?  Suppose Fox hasn't been paying ROKU at all, but rather had an agreement that ROKU would deliver free eyeballs to THEM, until Jan 31.  And now greedy FOX is doing to ROKU what all content providers do to all carriers.  Demanding money (or more money) for eyeballs THEY WOULDN'T OTHERWISE HAVE.  Never mind that this model is totally backwards (content providers should PAY private infrastructure companies [Dish, DirectTV, cable networks, you name it] for providing eyeballs that otherwise would be watching something else) and networks have gotten away with this robbery for 40 years.  Suppose what's really happened is that Fox just told the folks at ROKU, "Hey, sorry, but after the end of this month, you're going to have to start paying US, just like everyone else."  And ROKU told them to go pound sand up their antenna.  I know I would have done that.

Again, I don't know what  the situation is, and neither does anyone else.  I do know that acting like spoiled children and throwing a tantrum isn't likely to produce a satisfactory result.  Try to get hold of Fox, try to talk to ROKU, wait for more information and developments.  The fact is that a lot of people are affected and unhappy, and that always means something when it comes to business.

Highlighted
Hiker35
Level 8

Jump to solution

Well said. Like others, I was affected and the natural thing to do was blame Roku. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mrchipps54
Level 7

What is recourse for ROKU dropping FOX Networks.

Jump to solution

6855ADBE-2F28-4FF1-8D3F-EDE008BED61A.png
I received an email this evening from ROKU announcing that as of January 31st they will no longer be broadcasting FOX Nation. We have multiple residences with a total of 8 ROKU devices primarily to watch broadcasts such as FOX Nation and now they are basically censoring my ability to watch this programming.

What recourse do we have?

Are they going to buy back these 8 devices?

What other services can I go to to get the programming I want to watch......not what a service thinks I should watch?

A very dissatisfied consumer in New Hampshire 

Highlighted
Bacon
Level 11

Jump to solution

More likely is they’re in disagreement over the ad revenue/on device sub split. 

Highlighted
JBC1965
Level 7

Jump to solution

If I use DirectTV Now on Roku can I still get fox?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
pghkatrina
Level 8

Jump to solution

The email which was sent out regarding #FoxNation was very poorly handled as I paid for my account via the Fox Nation website NOT Roku. This seemed to indicate that the account would be cancelled completely by Roku, when I didn't pay for the Fox Nation via your service. Details matter people. I just waited over an hour to chat with Fox Nation and confirm that my account would not be cancelled even if you don't resolve the contract before then end of the month. 

Highlighted
csurfer
Level 7

Jump to solution

ROKU seems to be blaming FOX and suggesting their customers call FOX when it could be ROKU that is the problem, we don't know, but the way ROKU has handled this is very unfair to their customers who are now upset

Highlighted
JeffB
Level 8

Re: Standalone FOX channels

Jump to solution

So, if I subscribe to Fox channels through Comcast can't I watch them on Roku?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
SKSLAMPA
Level 7

Jump to solution

It takes two to tangle?  Fix this Roku or I won't have any other choice but to buy an Amazon Fire stick to use in my tv room, sad cause I like the roku but geeze I like FOX more

Highlighted
pghkatrina
Level 8

Jump to solution

@csurfer I was just told by #FoxNation that they "cannot comment on the relationship with Roku at this time" The rep wouldn't even discuss it. I had to go a round about way to even get her to confirm that my account wouldn't be cancelled because I paid on their site and not via the Roku. 

I made sure to make it clear that not communicating with consumers is aggravating and a poor choice by both parties.