Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TazMoose
Level 8

Re: Fox Channels No Longer Available On Roku

Jump to solution

Tanner, since WHEN did Roku get in a "distribution" agreement game with channel app providers?  I've long been under the impression with Roku that channel providers create their channels and can publish them for free with Roku.  That's certainly how it used to be.  At what point did Roku decide to think it was a cable company negotiating channels that only appear if they are paid significantly for them to appear?  You should be GRATEFUL that Fox has wanted channels on your service as that increases your value as a streaming platform provider.  And you removing those channels takes away a notable chunk of your value.  I'm not blaming Fox one ounce in this.  They shouldn't have to pay you one cent for the "right" for Roku users to be able to use their Roku apps that they developed.  This is a ROKU problem and you all ought to be absolutely ashamed of yourselves.  ROKU is NOT a cable company.  It is a platform and you shouldn't be in the middle of blocking major companies from having apps on your service just because they don't pay you what you want.  My illusion of Roku being an awesome streaming platform where anyone could create and publish a channel has just gone up in smoke.  SHAME SHAME SHAME on you ROKU!

Highlighted
mfgendron
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am returning my device that I bough in early December.  I bought Roku to avoid Spectrum. 

Roku...shame on you.  Never will YOU see me again. Bye.

Highlighted
John-D
Level 7

Re: No More FOX Apps on Roku?!!!!

Jump to solution

Same here.  Let Roku go!! By Shield TV .  Roku does not impress me.  Just the name it has.  I have 3 of them I use for paper weights.

Highlighted
Wweaver157
Level 8

Jump to solution

Sounds like LIBERAL ROKU doesn’t like FOX

Highlighted
djbeneve
Level 7

Jump to solution

Has Roku heard of a reasonable advance notice? 

If you have been negotiating on keeping Fox channels as you say, why an email literally hours before your contract ends?  Do you consider this good customer service?  I certainly don't.

Highlighted
Bsherris
Level 8

Jump to solution

I couldnt have said this better!  Agree entirely! 

B Sherris 

Highlighted
JFoltz
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ditto! If I find out this is political, the Rokus are getting yanked

Highlighted
Sabu97
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Wweaver157 wrote:

Sounds like LIBERAL ROKU doesn’t like FOX

Sounds like an unintelligible response.  Has nothing to do at all with political views but I guess in your world, it must be.  Sad I cannot watch FOX News, but certainly I know it's business (pathetic that ROKU hangs it's paying customers out to dry for more payola from FOX) but it's a really bad business model especially when your unprepared for customer backlash and stockholders face a potential dive in value. 

Highlighted
sidney0953
Level 7

Standalone FOX channels

Jump to solution

I stand with all others posting their disappointment and outrage. It takes 2 to strike a contract. Obviously it comes down to money and it appears while FOX may want more money, and if the demand for their service is there, that is the market working. Roku can certainly raise their rates. That's how the market works. At least then the customer can decide whether to continue or not. But to pull the cord without warning is unethical. And then to tell the customer to negotiate on their behalf, as one user suggested, is cheap, sleazy, and inexcusable. Shame on ROKU and it's overpaid, under-worked, short sighted and very, very stupid executives.

Highlighted
mfgendron
Level 8

Jump to solution

WHAT DO I HAVE TO GET.... IT'S CALLED AN AMAZON FIRE STICK?