Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ggt
Level 8

Re: Fox Channels No Longer Available On Roku

Jump to solution

I just purchased 3 roku device’s within the last 2 months. Without Fox - which is how I view the Big Ten network in Florida I am finished with Roku. I will be buying an Apple TV tomorrow and I’m done with you. 

Highlighted
pvaz2000
Level 8

Jump to solution

This is insane.  Just buck up and pay them.  Fox News is the most widely watched cable news show in the world.....and you are dropping them?  What a rip off.  Amazon Firestick and Fire TV still allows their customers to watch Fox standalone channels.  Why are you doing this to us?  I just bought a new Sharp TV with Roku built in just so I could stream Fox, and now you're telling me I just wasted my money?  What a joke.  I am shorting your stock, this news will hit it hard.

Highlighted
pvaz2000
Level 8

Re: Fox News from roku

Jump to solution

all

Highlighted
Sabu97
Level 8

Re: Standalone Fox channels

Jump to solution

@Lariviere wrote:

I just got the same Email, whats going on? 
Liberal Meadia?

How in the world does this equate to "Liberal Meadia" (emphasis on the typo)?

Highlighted
pvaz2000
Level 8

Jump to solution

This is insane.  Just buck up and pay them.  Fox News is the most widely watched cable news show in the world.....and you are dropping them?  What a rip off.  Amazon Firestick and Fire TV still allows their customers to watch Fox standalone channels.  Why are you doing this to us?  I just bought a new Sharp TV with Roku built in just so I could stream Fox, and now you're telling me I just wasted my money?  What a joke.  I am shorting your stock, this news will hit it hard.

Highlighted
Bsherris
Level 8

Jump to solution

Totally agree!  They waited until they closed their offices to send out their emaik!  Reprehensible! 

Highlighted
Viffer
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can get all the Fox channels on my Fire Stick.

Highlighted
Sabu97
Level 8

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

Our distribution contract with FOX Corp is set to expire on Jan. 31 so FOX channels were removed from the Roku Channel Store and will soon be removed from the Roku platform. Our discussions with FOX continue and we hope to reach an agreement soon. Let FOX Corp know you want FOX on your Roku device!

Standalone FOX channels include: 

• FOX Sports
  • Fox News Channel
  • Fox Nation
  • FOX NOW
  • Fox Business Network
  • BTN+
  • FOX Soccer Match Pass

You can still view FOX programming including this weekend's big game through Fubo, Sling, Hulu Live, YouTube TV and other ways on Roku. Many of these services even offer a free trial. 

*Fox Nation customers will see a prorated refund. Please refer to our email communication to subscribers for more information.

We'll provide any further updates that we hear. 

Thanks,

Tanner

So if I have a subscription to FOX via FIOS and just use Roku as my STB, my subscription means nothing now?  So instead I have to pay FIOS for their overpriced garbage STB's?  Really @RokuTannerD ???

Highlighted
Ggt
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks. Heading to Walmart for a firestick ASAP. 

Highlighted
Wweaver157
Level 8

Re: Fox Channels No Longer hi Available On Roku

Jump to solution

There are other streaming devices. BYE ROKU