Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Roku - still an independent/open platform?

Jump to solution

Is Roku still going to be independent content and platform? I heard that they are discontinuing FOX apps (Fox News, Fox Sports, etc) honestly, I don’t watch these networks much but it does have me concerned for other reasons. I chose the Roku platform because of their independence... they are not tied to a major streaming service or content provider. The platform has always been independent and provided choice for users. I understand they are now getting into the streaming service business but I hope that doesn’t mean they start restricting access to content on their devices in a non-customer centric attempt to grow that business. That approach could backfire. Did they give a reason for stopping support for the FOX apps?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
boogernose
Level 12

Re: Roku - still an independent/open platform?

Jump to solution

You Foxhounds are a strange breed. Do you not read that they have reached a deal and nothing will change?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---
0 Kudos
Highlighted
MrPink
Level 8

Jump to solution

I'm just wondering what all of the hysterical people screaming that they'd never do business with ROKU again and ran out and bought other streaming devices are going to do with them.

Highlighted
boogernose
Level 12

Jump to solution

Probably empty threats. The Email courtesy note was a mistake. Silly wasnt it all?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jelabarre59
Level 7

Jump to solution

@MrPink wrote:

I'm just wondering what all of the hysterical people screaming that they'd never do business with ROKU again and ran out and bought other streaming devices are going to do with them.

Considering that Fox is now a part of the Disney Blob, sucking up everything in it's path (and just plain sucking in general) I'd expect it was Disney/Fox flexing it's muscles and showing off what a bully it could be if it really wanted to, so everyone better grovel at their feet.  An awful lot of people are simply unable to understand that dynamic.

Highlighted
Beck38
Level 7

Roku needs to hire new programmers

Jump to solution

This up/down nonsense with fox shows that roku's programming staff needs to go back to school.  After messing around for two hours got only one of my roku's to log into the fox sports app with my yttv credentials, can't get any of my other three to use either those or 'roku' creds.  Other major problems versus Fire boxes tells me roku is on the way to the trash heap.

0 Kudos