Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syltstone
Level 8

Re: May have to leave Roku now.

Jump to solution

No kidding - - And I just spent over $200 on new Roku devices which are now virtually useless to me! 

syltstone
Level 8

Re: Standalone Fox channels

Jump to solution

It's not just Fox News--it's ALL of the Fox channels, including all of the Sports channels which has made millions of Roku users very upset!!! 

Windancer2
Level 7

Re: Fox Channels No Longer Available On Roku

Jump to solution

Isn't this a no brainer that some people don't have cable, but only broadcast antenna to use the Roku?

Very disappointing.

Flykprc
Level 8

Jump to solution

I’ve heard from Fox Corp that they do not want their channels to be deleted from Roku. This was a decision by Roku to not extend the current contract. 

jco23
Level 9

Jump to solution

to be fair, this kind of dispute pops up every once in a while with the cable providers as well, so it can happen to anyone.

however, my main concern is that since I'm already paying for the service through my tv provider, I should still be able to stream after logging in.  my understanding is that Roku is not providing the content, only the medium.

to me, roku is no different that samsung, motorola, etc.  it's like a cell phone with apps.  the app provider should be responsible for streaming, not Roku.

that being said, Roku can really stick it back to Fox by enabling the protected content that prevents folks with HD HR primes to stream.

ak1
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is awful and sounds political.  I will explore using other devices than Roku for streaming.  This is a disservice to the public and don't blame it on FOX.  It is clear it is not Fox.

syltstone
Level 8

Jump to solution

You will still be able to watch through your YouTube TV subscription.  The channel for YouTube TV will still be on Roku, just not the stand alone Fox Channels (the ones you sign into with a cable TV account to stream your paid TV content). 

mAARKY1
Level 8

Jump to solution

Do you know if Firestick will playthrough a Roku HDMI connection in "settings" ?

I really do not want to trash my roku tv, speakers and remote boxes.  I have been using ROKU for years!

0 Kudos
baclerw
Level 7

Jump to solution

Solution: Quit Roku !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stereojoe
Level 7

Jump to solution

It is not my responsibility, as your customer, to negotiate with your vendors (e.g., FOX).

I find it funny your dispute with FOX removed all FOX apps except Disney+.  Disney now owns FOX so why wouldn't you pull that app too?  You would lose all Roku customers if you did that, right?

Amazon Fire TV is looking like a fantastic option; I am having a Superbowl party at my house and I promised my guests a 4K HDR stream as originally posted on FOX Sports' website.

You need to fix this before Sunday's game or lose me and plenty other customers for life.