Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bjhennen
Level 7

Re: May have to leave Roku now.

Jump to solution

Great post!  I am gonna check it out.

Highlighted
charged1226
Level 7

Re: Fox Channels No Longer Available On Roku

Jump to solution

I thought i was dealing with adults (Roku). Apparently this company is being run buy a 9th grade study hall group of back bitting teenagers.

Highlighted
sreyland
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just in time. My Roku stuff was getting old and now it goes in the trash never to be replaced.

Don't mess with our sports channels.

Bye Roku!

Highlighted
BluPhant
Level 8

Jump to solution

I posted a standalone thread about Roku's ability to remove channels arbitrarily and it appears to have been deleted.

Everyone should be aware that Roku can choose to delete channels, which if they remained neutral

@BluPhant wrote:

This severely taints my opinion of Roku.   I am researching purchasing a new television and previously having Roku built in was a requirement as I appreciate the service.  But this brings up some interesting points which call into question the integrity of Roku as a company.

• Roku gave next to zero notice to customers.
  • This highlights what I consider to be a fatal flaw. Roku can pull apps arbitrarily.  I wonder what that means going forward?  Will Roku have a dispute with Plex?  I understand that there is no distribution agreement but presumably Roku could find another reason to pull an app.  This is a serious issue for me as I prefer to have some degree of autonomy over my household devices.   
  • This would seem to be, from my reading @ Broadcast & Cable, a dispute about distribution agreement.  This should be transparent to customers without using dropping service as a negotiation tactic.
  • I suspect that there will be some last minute deal either today or over the weekend.  I hope that Fox doesn't completely fold under Roku's tactics.

If anyone at Roku reads this, I am sincerely pissed off, and my impression of your company has been irrevocably damaged by this action.   Actions have consequences and this action has, for me, severely damaged your brand.

wouldn't be an issue, but this action proves this wrong.

Great job censoring, Roku.  My opinion went from good, to bad, to worse in a single day.

-Blu

Highlighted
syltstone
Level 8

Jump to solution

Really upset to hear that Fox Sports/FSGO is being removed from Roku devices ESPECIALLY SINCE I JUST PAID OVER $200 FOR NEW ROKU DEVICES!! Now they're virtually useless to me since FSGO and Fox were the most important and frequent apps we watched!  And the fact Roku makes them that available only on PAID subscription channels (Fubo, Sling, etc.) is no help to those who don't subscribe to those paid channels.  We've been Roku users and PURCHASERS for many years, so it is infuriating that we are now going to have to purchase other devices (Fire Sticks, for one, which I don't like at all) just to stream our sports!

Highlighted
sackettcj
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is an interesting article with comments from both Roku and FOX. If the FOX opinion is valid, please don't use us as pawns, Roku. I'll jump over to Apple TV.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/30/21116163/roku-super-bowl-fox-sports-channels-apps-email

Highlighted
RCase23
Level 7

FOX Apps Removal

Jump to solution

I received emails from Roku and Fox Sports about the removal of all Fox Apps.  I am very disappointed with this announcement!   No reason for the removal was provided.  Not to mention 2 days before the Super Bowl which is being aired on FOX!!!!!  If this is how Roku is going to business in the future, I will be switching all of my devices to Amazon Fire.

Highlighted
syltstone
Level 8

Re: Standalone Fox channels

Jump to solution

All of them!  Fox Sports, FSGO, Fox Nation, Fox Business, Fox News, etc.  The only one you'll be able to get is the regular Fox broadcast through your TV Antenna!  (unless you move to another device that carries all of those channels like a Fire Stck, Apple TV, etc., but not a Roku unless Roku and Fox reach a deal... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
NCAviator
Level 8

Jump to solution

I do not understand.  I pay for YouTube TV.  Will my FOX SPORTS APP be removed?  This makes no sense.  Why is ROKU even involved?  When I configured my FOX SPORTS APP; I had to select a cable company.  So I selected YouTube TV.  There was not a choice to select ROKU.  

ROKU should have NO licensing with FOX as they have it with the carrier.  

ROKU does not want to mess with FOX viewers.  

Once a loyal customer leave they don't come back.  

Highlighted
syltstone
Level 8

Re: Fox News from roku

Jump to solution

All of them! 

0 Kudos