Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Fox Channels No Longer Available On Roku

Jump to solution

Why did they not have this explanation in the email sent out earlier? Maybe they (Roku) were looking for a response? Poor communications in any case. We can always choose another device if the content we want is not available. It's why I left Sling.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Like you, I signed up for FOX Nation on the Fox website. 

Until these two petulant children sort this out, I'll watch Fox Nation on my phone, and stream it to my television. 

B. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It seems that I should visit all of the Big Ten Univerisity sports message boards and make sure they are aware that Roku no longer supports streaming B10 football and basketball via the Fox Sports ap. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am so angry! No notice at all!

I want my Fox Nation!

Is this the place to let Roku know??

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Standalone FOX channels

Jump to solution

That's the thing @JeffB We will likely still have access via Xfinity Stream service too because they aren't directly involved in this contract. So the email which Roku sent out was very poor and unclear to the many variables of using a Roku. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Fire should work. Fox has begun advertising that Fire TV is the "preferred 4K streaming experience" for its Super Bowl broadcast.

Since I get my local stations via Comcast/Xfinity, I'm not going to worry about this kerfuffle. I'll just watch the local Fox station on regular old cable.

This probably wasn't the smartest weekend for Roku to play David against the Goliaths of Amazon, Fox, and the National Football League, but what do I know? These last-minute rights tiffs are pretty standard operating procedure in the cruel and shallow money trench known as television.

(hat tip to Hunter S. Thompson)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Burning my rokus’s, going to fire sticks  unacceptable notice before the biggest sporting event of the year.

Roku is no longer trustworthy.   

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@Jim-in-Tucon You especially think they would have worked to resolve this before now considering Fox is airing the Super Bowl. Poor business decision by both companies, not considerate of consumers, and communication is not being handled well at all. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Mr Pink, you obviously didn’t read RokuTanners post. They told us what the problem is. So your long rant was way off.....

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This totally sucks. Less than a day's notice? Like Roku didn't know this was coming up? And here I recently renewed my annual subscription to Fox Nation. In fact, on the Fox Nation support site, updated just today, they still show that Roku is a supported platform. I contacted Fox Nation via their online chat support, and they were totally useless, unable to confirm what Roku was telling us in their email tonight. Anyway, Roku needs to fix this, and quickly. Many of us rely on our Rokus to access Fox streaming channels.