Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Roku and Fox settle

Jump to solution
Roku

@Roku
·
1m

We are delighted that we reached an agreement with FOX to distribute FOX channels on the Roku platform. Roku customers can stream the Super Bowl through FOX Now, Fox Sports and NFL in addition to other ways.
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Fox Channels No Longer Available On Roku

Jump to solution

So, I'm sure you've read the news. Fox says that the decision is Roku's and that Fox would prefer that their service continue streaming uninterrupted.

Whatever is going on, it takes 2 to disagree. We all know what it is - everything boils down to money. You all should have a better commitment to customers to keep this working. I personally believe that Roku is leveraging customers to force Fox into an agreement. And I think that sucks as I'm the one in that leveraged position.

I've made a commitment to Roku. I have 2 Roku TVs and a streaming stick. But at this point, I'll be remembering Roku as the company that took off the Super Bowl channel on the Friday before the Super Bowl. Yeah, I'll figure out how to watch it, but I shouldn't have to add an NFL channel or log into my account from my PC and project that to the TV when I have Roku. I sure don't need Roku for any of that.

Disappointed to say the least.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

We did it! Just got this email:

Dear Roku Customer,
We are delighted that we reached an agreement to distribute FOX channels on the Roku platform. This Sunday, you can stream the Super Bowl for free through FOX Now and FOX Sports as well as the NFL channel.

We hope you enjoy the game!

Happy Streaming™
Roku
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Well, good news. The email announcing the deal literally came in while I was typing my last message. I saw it right after I hit post. Happy to see that Fox Now will be there. But, I still believe everything I wrote in my previous post. Just happy that we didn't end up getting cut off, though I already had arrangements to watch another way.

Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

An update to share! 

We are delighted that we reached an agreement with FOX to distribute FOX channels on the Roku platform.

Roku customers can stream the Super Bowl through FOX Now, Fox Sports and NFL in addition to other ways.

Cheers,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is a stupid move on Roku's part/ Your the only ones that can remove an app, so your the ones messing with your customer in a very anti-consumer way. Clean up your act and put the app back.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

just got an email resolved and they are going to keep fox.  yea!

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

After the Super Bowl   I will go back to ''local channels with  a OTA antenna . with a good hd antenna i receive  84 channels , of witch  I keep 52 I will get by until i find a less greedy co . to work with,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Great job everyone. 

We made ROKU great again. 

😉

It's just a joke, no hate responses please. 

Enjoy Fox! 

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 7

THANK YOU....THANK YOU....THANK YOU......for retaining FOX Channels

Jump to solution

I panicked when we rec'd the email about Roku removing FOX Channels but then as I went to check on the validity by logging into my Roku portal, my panic went to happiness.  So happy FOX will remain available.