Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Fox Channels No Longer Available On Roku

Jump to solution

I got an email from Fox staring Roku is the problem not them. I just hope this can be settled soon

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Standalone Fox channels

Jump to solution

Whatever else ROKU may claim, the complete lack of ANY explanation in the email tells me all I need to know.  The Puppet Masters of the left-wing media have told ROKU to follow the lemmings in their blind march to the sea.  I was a director of financial planning and analysis for several corporations during my working years.  It would appear that the Troglodytes at ROKU do not understand just how powerful an attraction Fox News has become.  Well, they'll find out.  I have already informed Roku that I will not be using their platform unless Fox is re-activated.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It's really too bad this is not worked out.

Based upon the roots of Roku and the nearly 1000 conservative channels that existed years before Ipple and Firestick crossed the hundred channel mark, for them to suddenly lose Fox, well it is disappointing to say the least.

Too bad really, but at least Fox content can be found easily enough on Youtube, so Roku will not get the advertising share they would had they done whatever was needed to keep the channel.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

They will work it out.

Not sure it they will work it out in time for Super Bowl on Sunday.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Seriously?! I chose ROKU right after they began offering Fox News... JUST because they offered Fox! I could’ve chosen any other streaming device. 
Welp, Roku doesn’t seem like they favor their customers very well. I’ll be returning my ROKU after this last minute blow! Way to show your customers what you think of them! You going to change all of your packaging, as this is now “false advertising”. My ROKU box says “FOX” on it! Then you blame FOX for your abrupt removal of all their channels? I don’t buy it one bit. In fact, Fox completely denied that they were responsible. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Fox news is the only reason I bought a roku! Now its useless! Going to get a fire stick tomorrow 

@VDubH2o wrote:

Seriously?! I chose ROKU right after they began offering Fox News... JUST because they offered Fox! I could’ve chosen any other streaming device. 
Welp, Roku doesn’t seem like they favor their customers very well. I’ll be returning my ROKU after this last minute blow! Way to show your customers what you think of them! You going to change all of your packaging, as this is now “false advertising”. My ROKU box says “FOX” on it! Then you blame FOX for your abrupt removal of all their channels? I don’t buy it one bit. In fact, Fox completely denied that they were responsible. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Got email from Fox and its your fault Roku.  time to find another streaming device. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku - stop the games.  People cut the cord from Cable because we were sick and tired of this **bleep** - we don't care about your negotiations.  We care about our content.  We chose Roku because it wasn't tied to Amazon (i.e. they favor their content - take the YouTube TV lack of an app).  It was disappointing that AT&T Watch TV didn't have a Roku App.  It was really disappointing to see the AT&T TV Now App was not longer being supported.

Now you are doing it with Fox channels.  Cut the **bleep**.  FireTV, Apple TV, NVidia Shield and others have streaming devices.  Roku isn't the only choice.  

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

A reply from FOX

Earlier today Roku notified their users they intend to remove FOX apps, including FOX Sports, FOX NOW, FOX News, and FOX Nation. We’re as surprised – and disappointed – as you! Only Roku can remove our apps from your device, and we’ve not asked them to do that. Be assured, if there’s a disruption, it will be Roku’s decision alone. While we work to continue our relationship with Roku, we are happy to keep our apps available to you, and we regret Roku has chosen to threaten your access solely to improve its own business interests. 

We’re sorry for the needless drama Roku is causing you (and us!). Again, only Roku can remove apps from your device, so please let Roku know on social media to keep your FOX apps!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is a Horrible move and I will no longer be buying Roku products, goodbye !!!!