Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iknownoone
Level 7

Fox Business and Fox News - Unable to locate "Roku" as provider

After adding "Fox News" and "Fox Business" on Roku, it gives me a code and the URL to go to (foxnews.com/connect and foxbusiness.com/connect) on my computer/phone. However, when I go to foxnews.com/connect or foxbusiness.com/connect, I don't see Roku listed as a provider on their websites. In addition, presently I have access to those channels on Roku via Sling TV, but even Sling TV is not listed as a provider on Fox's websites. I noticed that others here might have expressed similar issues too. 

Has anybody found a solution to this issue? Is this a Roku issue or a Fox issue? Any pointers? 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Fox Business and Fox News - Unable to locate "Roku" as provider

Roku isn't a provider of anything (except for maybe The Roku Channel).  They just make a little computer box that connects to your TV (or provide the software for a Roku TV).  I assume Sling doesn't provide Fox News or Fox Business since they aren't listed as a provider.

I know it seems strange, but there's lots of Roku channels/apps that require you to have a cable subscription that includes their programming to receive it via a Roku.  I see that YoutubeTV is listed as a provider, so you might want to look into that.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Sling TV carries both FoxNews and Fox Business News.

Furthermore, Sling TV specifically mentions TVE support for FN/FBN, but only with the FoxNow app:

https://www.sling.com/help/en/subscription-programming-questions/channels-programming/tv-everywhere

The FoxNews.com/connect provider list for the FoxNews app does not include Sling TV.

So you need to install FoxNow, authenticate it via TVE, and use that.

You can always send feedback to Sling TV and FoxNews about specific Sling TV TVE support in the FoxNews app:

https://slingtv.freshdesk.com/en/support/tickets/new?request_channel=true

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
iknownoone
Level 7

Even in the FoxNow app, when it asks "signin to provider", the only option is "Dish". So, it looks like they have just not integrated with Roku and/or Sling TV anywhere at all, even though they provide programming via Roku and Sling TV. That's a bit painful, because it forces me to watch Fox Business by getting into Sling TV on Roku (a few extra steps when I bring this up on my TV or my phone or other devices vs a single click with say, CNBC).

0 Kudos