Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Fox Business Network fails

I've been watching another channel all day without any issues. Now I try to connect to the Fox Business Network and it fails. I go through the validation just fine but then the screen goes black and at the bottom it says Fox Business Network Retrieving, it shows a blue/gray progress bar graph and just stays there. The bar never advances past about 20%. Then about 10 minutes later it just goes to the Roku screen saver.

Help please.

Dave

Edit: I can watch the channel on my PC just fine, same room, same wireless router and modem, so not a network issue at my end. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Fox Business Network fails

Ok, finally got it to work after about a dozen tries. Something is funky at Roku's end. Please look into it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue here, still unable to activate and get the provider credentials

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@dxg @ima72flh 

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same issue here as well with Fox News Channel and Fox Business.  Both channels worked fine but soon after the 100 days prior to the election the channel starting malfunctioning.  Hum.. could it be technical sabotage to silence the conservative talk show hosts prior to the Presidential election.  Same thing happen while I was working overseas in Germany.  The conservative talk show featured in the Armed Forces Network were also silenced due to technical issues 3 months or so prior to the November 2016 election.  In both cases all talk show host from the left had no technical issues.  

Highlighted
Level 7

Certainly appears suspect.

@RokuDanny-R (Roku employee): I would think Roku has a vested interest in making their device and service work properly. Otherwise their device and service will no longer be desirable and the users will become non-users.

Since I can watch the same exact content at the same exact time on the Fox website, I percieve this to be a Roku issue, not a Fox issue. Or possibly a Fox/Roku interface issue. Either way, I don't plan on wasting my time solving other people's problems. I will simply switch. 

0 Kudos