Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GP2Engine
Level 8

Formula E races on Fox Sports app cut off. 2 races in a row.

I watch Formula E races but I can't always watch it live. And that's one of the benefits of streaming apps, isn't it? If you missed an event, you can watch the reply on demand.

The problem is for some reason, the Fox Sports app on Roku has the Formula E replays all set at exactly 1 hour and 30 minutes. And if the program is longer than that, Fox Sports does not extend the time. It just cuts off even if the race is still in session... which is ridiculous.

The second to last race it cut off when there was about 5 minutes remaining and it was a close race. That's the equivalent of watching a football game with 1 second remaining and a field goal attempt will determine the outcome, but it cuts off right before the ball is snapped. The last race there was a red flag (delay) due to a crash, and when the race finally resumed it was cut off again because it went over 1:30:00.

This is a problem that needs to be fixed.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
andyross
Level 11

Re: Formula E races on Fox Sports app cut off. 2 races in a row.

This has nothing to do with Roku, but Fox Sports. Complain to them.
0 Kudos
GP2Engine
Level 8

"andyross" wrote:

How do you know I didn't bring this up with Fox Sports?
If it's on a Roku player then it has to do with Roku as well.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

"GP2Engine" wrote:
"andyross" wrote:

How do you know I didn't bring this up with Fox Sports?
If it's on a Roku player then it has to do with Roku as well.

But reporting it here won't help much.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"GP2Engine" wrote:
...If it's on a Roku player then it has to do with Roku as well.

My car ran out of gas before I got where I was going. I'm going to complain to the DOT.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
GP2Engine
Level 8

"DBDukes" wrote:
"GP2Engine" wrote:

My car ran out of gas before I got where I was going. I'm going to complain to the DOT.

That's a poor analogy. You outta know how much gas you have in your car. Has nothing to do with the issue I explained. Thanks for playing, though.
I can see my post has upset quite a few warriors up here. Keep fighting the good fight LOL
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"GP2Engine" wrote:
"DBDukes" wrote:
"GP2Engine" wrote:

That's a poor analogy. You outta know how much gas you have in your car. Has nothing to do with the issue I explained. Thanks for playing, though.
I can see my post has upset quite a few warriors up here. Keep fighting the good fight LOL

Well, it might not have been the strongest analogy, but the fact remains Roku has nothing to do with this particular issue, and really doesn't need to concern them. When you are talking specifically about content on a particular channel, you need to work with that channel provider. Perhaps a better analogy would be if the same thing happened with Dish Network or DirecTV, neither of them would have anything to do with resolving the issue. Fox Sports is the sole controller of what is streamed over their channel. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Tajson
Level 8

"GP2Engine" wrote:
"DBDukes" wrote:

Fox Sports developed the Fox Sports Channel on Roku and controls the Roku shown content completely outside of any Roku controls other than the same complaint email that you can send.

If Fox Sports wants their content to be limited in the time span they can and complaining to Roku or here will not change what Fox Sports decided. When I looked at their website, a lot of the soccer matches are 2 hour limited as well so I would hate to miss out on possible extra time in a cup match.

Again, all of this is under Fox Sports control and can only be changed by them.
0 Kudos