Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nocable
Level 7

(Forced) Update vs. Restart RE: Channel Version updates

I did a forced Roku Update today, and the version and build number did not change, but by selecting to update, my Roku flashed that the hyperdrive had been updated.

Sometimes Roku channel versions are updated by their developers. Obviously I'd want the latest version of a Roku channel. What I want to know, is the best way to know that I have the latest version of a Roku channel. Each day, when my Roku automatically checks for a Roku system update, does that check allow for any of my Roku channels to update their version/build numbers? Or, is it when I do a Roku restart that a Roku channels version/build number would update, or both.

Confusion:

RE: Roku Channel "TAHOE TV LIVE CAMERAS"

I am now having an issue for the cameras to load on this channel. At the channel listing on the Roku channels I have added, the information is stated as "Version 1.0 Build 2"
But, at the Roku listing for adding a channel, Tahoe TV has this information stated:
"Version 1.1 December 6, 2013"

So I deleted the Tahoe TV channel, then I added the channel, but the data "Version 1.0 Build 2" stayed the same.

Please explain the difference in the data, etc.

BTY, I'm not asking you to resolve the camera feed not loading on the Tahoe TV channel. This inquiry is about how Roku channel version is to be interpreted by me, the customer, in general.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Ultra & 3600
SPECTRUM - 100/10 Mbps

Favorite Roku Channels:
WEATHER4US
PLUTO TV
YOU TUBE
PLUTO TV
0 Kudos
3 Replies
flamebird
Level 7

Re: (Forced) Update vs. Restart RE: Channel Version updates

Version 1.1 was most likely build one; considering how old that date is; while Version 1.0 is on build 2.
Meanwhile; your main topic, the Roku and the apps generally update themselves unless there's a problem. Mostly you just do a manual update if youv'e just added a channel and it hasn't shown up yet.
0 Kudos
trekkeriii
Level 10

Use the Channel Info screen. Home, Home, Home, Up, Up, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
nocable
Level 7

"trekkeriii" wrote:
Use the Channel Info screen. Home, Home, Home, Up, Up, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left

Thanks trekkeriii, I hadn't know about that function before! Smiley Very Happy
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Ultra & 3600
SPECTRUM - 100/10 Mbps

Favorite Roku Channels:
WEATHER4US
PLUTO TV
YOU TUBE
PLUTO TV
0 Kudos