Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erosea
Level 7

Food Network - Invalid Activation Code

Every time I go to set up my food network channel (which I have had in the past) it tells me my activation code is invalid. I have other channels that work just fine. Anyone else experiencing this?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Food Network - Invalid Activation Code

I just authenticated Food Network on my device.

Try the following. All steps. This order. Do not vary.

1. Remove the app.

2. Reboot the Roku.

3. Add the app to Roku.

4. Open a browser and log in to your content provider, whether cable (Xfinity, Spectrum, etc), satellite (DISH, DirecTV, etc), or streaming service (Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Philo, etc).

5. Launch the app on your Roku. Go to the settings tab and attempt to authenticate.

If you are unable to perform the steps in this order, or run into something unexpected at any step, stop and let us know what went wrong and where.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
annielee419
Level 7

I have the same problem authenticating the ID Channel. I followed the directions given by Basil and twice now I get the following message:

An error occurred.
Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.

I am not sure where to go from here. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Basil
Level 10

Where did that message occur? What step? Was that in the browser or in the Roku app?

Describe the steps you took immediately before you got the message.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
annielee419
Level 7

Hi Basil,
It occurred right after the last step:
5. Launch the app on your Roku. Go to the settings tab and attempt to authenticate.
I hope you can help! 
Ty
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Did that happen on the app? Or was that in your browser?
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
annielee419
Level 7

Hi again Basil,
Guess what? I ran the steps you gave again today and it worked!!! I have been working on trying to authenticating the ID channel for about 4 days now with no luck until now. I noticed my "E" channel was doing the same thing and I again followed your steps and it is now working. Thank you so much for putting those steps up there.
 Sincerely
Annie

P.S.  To answer your last question, the error message came up after I did the final step. It came up on my laptop.  Just FYI

Smiley Happy 
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Glad it’s workng. Whatever glitch was happening seems to have cleared up. Enjoy your streaming.
Basil
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
0 Kudos
erosea
Level 7

I did all the steps outlined below in order and it still tells me I have an invalid activation code. Thank you for trying. 

Basil:I just authenticated Food Network on my device.

Try the following. All steps. This order. Do not vary.

1. Remove the app.

2. Reboot the Roku.

3. Add the app to Roku.

4. Open a browser and log in to your content provider, whether cable (Xfinity, Spectrum, etc), satellite (DISH, DirecTV, etc), or streaming service (Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Philo, etc).

If you are unable to perform the steps in this order, or run into something unexpected at any step, stop and let us know what went wrong and where.

0 Kudos