Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: First HBO Max, Now Peacock... Roku needs to be more flexible

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and the feedback.

Please be aware that Peacock is currently not available on the Roku platform. For more information visit www.peacocktv.com and subscribe to the latest channel updates at http://blog.roku.com.

We have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
akbennyewu
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

We are all very, very aware your company's product doesn't support modern streaming apps. 

Please feel free to post a solution to resolve our problem TODAY, and not just inform us that you are going to report it to your team. Who at Roku doesn't know this happening? 

I have a solution that solves the problem TODAY; go buy a Chromecast. 

rovel0
Level 8

Jump to solution

What a stupid non-reply.  Really, repeating the thread topic as if it's news just shows lack of interest.

At least you "passed along our concerns."

trnc
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have owned ROKU devices for years but I will NEVER buy another ROKU. I am switching to Apple TV, they seem to have no problem negotiating with streaming services!!!!!

ctb9n
Level 8

Jump to solution

Danny,

Please escalate this internally.

We are aware that Peacock and HBO Max are not available on Roku.

I am personally looking for a resolution or at least an ETA.

Like many people, I cut the cord and bought my first Roku product in 2008.

I left cable because I had enough of the carriers' corporate arrogance which put their clients' needs/concerns last.

I have been an advocate for Roku for more than a decade.  

Your number one selling point was that your platform did not exclude apps the way other devices like Apple TV and Fire TV did.

This situation is one of great concern, because Roku seems to now be vulnerable to the same practices.

I have multiple Roku devices and I will not be making a hardware change soon.

However, I have stopped all of the subscriptions that I was paying for through Roku and am urging others to do the same until this is resolved.

At present, I do not foresee that I will replacing my devices with updated Roku devices as they age.

Please get this resolved.

ZzyzxRoad
Level 8

Jump to solution

We subscribe to NBC sports gold for the Premiere League.  Next year the Premiere League will only be on Peacock.  ROKU, it is down to this- let Peacock be on the device or lose my entire extended family of Premiere League fans to Apple TV.  If you do not care, please simply say so.  That would be much easier than looking at an app with no programming.  At least I would respect that.  Otherwise, the fact that you have the app on your device appears to be a deceptive business practice.

C_I
Level 13

Jump to solution

@andyross wrote:

For Peacock, one story mentioned the main sticking post was that Roku wanted viewership data and the ability to insert their own commercials in the two "with-ads" tiers. NBC/Universal was willing to share some viewership data, but doesn't want to give up control of ads.

May I add here- although Peacock is not yet available on Roku, NBC Universal still has the NBC streaming app on Roku, If you go to that, It has a category called Explore Peacock:A New Streaming Service and then it has some of the trailers of some of the new programs on Peacock. And you can still stream Peacock on your iPad, and your computer or even your IPhone if you have one. 

JonInMN
Level 7

Jump to solution

I selected the Roku platform because it has the most robust "App/Channel" support on the market.  I currently own and use 5 different Roku devices. I have been a loyal customer for MANY years (9/2011)

I have been a happy user for years and when I worked at Target as an Electronics team member would often encourage shoppers to consider the Roku products over other streaming devices.

I am VERY dissappointed in Roku trend in trying to leverage more revenue from channels and not making them available to Roku's CUSTOMERS!!  Lack of access to a streaming service is exactly why I "cut the cord" with cable TV service!

Maybe it is time to start looking at Roku alternatives!

JonInMN
Level 7

Jump to solution

Everyone should complete the form for a Channel suggestion: (Be sure to include comments on WHY you want the channel.)

https://support.roku.com/article/208756868

Let's see if Roku will listen to its customers!

jay_dub
Level 9

Jump to solution

What we hate the most is that ROKU is acting just like the cable guy. They only move the signal about 2 feet in my home, not miles like the cable guy did and now they want a piece of the pie. This is a horrible prescident for consumers. . If this is the future, a lot of us will be ditching our ROKU's.