Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: First HBO Max, Now Peacock... Roku needs to be more flexible

@andyross wrote:

For Peacock, one story mentioned the main sticking post was that Roku wanted viewership data and the ability to insert their own commercials in the two "with-ads" tiers. NBC/Universal was willing to share some viewership data, but doesn't want to give up control of ads.

May I add here- although Peacock is not yet available on Roku, NBC Universal still has the NBC streaming app on Roku, If you go to that, It has a category called Explore Peacock:A New Streaming Service and then it has some of the trailers of some of the new programs on Peacock. And you can still stream Peacock on your iPad, and your computer or even your IPhone if you have one. 

Highlighted
Level 7

I selected the Roku platform because it has the most robust "App/Channel" support on the market.  I currently own and use 5 different Roku devices. I have been a loyal customer for MANY years (9/2011)

I have been a happy user for years and when I worked at Target as an Electronics team member would often encourage shoppers to consider the Roku products over other streaming devices.

I am VERY dissappointed in Roku trend in trying to leverage more revenue from channels and not making them available to Roku's CUSTOMERS!!  Lack of access to a streaming service is exactly why I "cut the cord" with cable TV service!

Maybe it is time to start looking at Roku alternatives!

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Level 7

Everyone should complete the form for a Channel suggestion: (Be sure to include comments on WHY you want the channel.)

https://support.roku.com/article/208756868

Let's see if Roku will listen to its customers!

Highlighted
Level 8

What we hate the most is that ROKU is acting just like the cable guy. They only move the signal about 2 feet in my home, not miles like the cable guy did and now they want a piece of the pie. This is a horrible prescident for consumers. . If this is the future, a lot of us will be ditching our ROKU's.

Highlighted
Level 9

well folks I purchased roku streaming stick june of last year and just a few mins ago I just order apple tv 4k streaming device 124.99 bucks

sorry roku you had me at hello goodbye not sure what I want to do with streaming stick plus I guess put it on another devicemy mom has a roku but don't used it

I know my dad getting a new smart tv 4k downstairs I can put it behind that or another tv upstairs or sell it ha or I can just put it away  meh

Highlighted
Level 7

Since HBO Max and Peacock TV are unavailable on Roku - thinking it's time for a new device

As a loyal fan of Roku, I'm getting weary of the standoff between the content providers and Roku.

I decided to own a Roku because I wanted one device to watch all of my streaming content on. So far that has been a joy!

The older smart Blu-ray players that I purchased from Samsung and Sony eventually quit updating their streaming apps or adding any new ones. Never bought a smart TV because I was certain that would experience the same fate. Got a good old dumb 40" HDMI that still works very well!

Good thing that I stayed away from subscribing to premium channels through the Roku Channel, and all subscriptions I have are directly with the content providers. That will make the switch to something else such as Apple TV a breeze!

Highlighted
Level 8

Up until now I've been very happy with my Roku -- but not including HBO Max or Peacock either needs to be fixed, or a minimum a complete explanation as to why it's not there.

For Gods' sake, you've got AppleTV+ on your system now! Why not NBC's Free Streaming service Peacock or not-at-all-free HBO Max...?

Highlighted
Level 9

Yes I agree 100% where is PEACOCK, Why is it not here and when will you add it?

Highlighted
Level 9

HEY ROKU get you heads out of your asses and give the people what we want - PEACOCK.

Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R Will it be available on Roku in the future? Where can we contact someone to voice our disappointment and make a request to have it added?