Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: First HBO Max, Now Peacock... Roku needs to be more flexible

I have had my ROKU player for years and have been satisfied with it. I had already signed up for  a year of the Peacock channel. I am totally disgusted with them now. Guess that I will be looking for another player.

Highlighted
Level 7

I agree. These new streaming services are out there and you keeping them hostage from us is not why we bought your product. I have bought 3 of your TVS  and have recommended them to several of my family and friends,  this needs to be fixed asap.

Highlighted
Level 8

People do not cut the cord and come to streaming to put up with carriage disputes. ROKU is trying to serve two masters now, one is the stock price and two is the customers. When you chose the stock price you are just another Comcast and you will lose your customers just like they and all of the cable outfits are losing theirs.

Highlighted
Level 8

Adios Roku,

What an absolutely anti-consumer company you have become. Certainly it has nothing to do with becoming a public company a few years ago, did it? 

Remember, both you and your shareholders will be left holding the bag when you trigger a mass customer exodus. Your product is absolutely inferior at the moment; less features, and higher cost. 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and the feedback.

Please be aware that Peacock is currently not available on the Roku platform. For more information visit www.peacocktv.com and subscribe to the latest channel updates at http://blog.roku.com.

We have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi Danny,

We are all very, very aware your company's product doesn't support modern streaming apps. 

Please feel free to post a solution to resolve our problem TODAY, and not just inform us that you are going to report it to your team. Who at Roku doesn't know this happening? 

I have a solution that solves the problem TODAY; go buy a Chromecast. 

Highlighted
Level 8

What a stupid non-reply.  Really, repeating the thread topic as if it's news just shows lack of interest.

At least you "passed along our concerns."

Highlighted
Level 7

I have owned ROKU devices for years but I will NEVER buy another ROKU. I am switching to Apple TV, they seem to have no problem negotiating with streaming services!!!!!

Highlighted
Level 8

Danny,

Please escalate this internally.

We are aware that Peacock and HBO Max are not available on Roku.

I am personally looking for a resolution or at least an ETA.

Like many people, I cut the cord and bought my first Roku product in 2008.

I left cable because I had enough of the carriers' corporate arrogance which put their clients' needs/concerns last.

I have been an advocate for Roku for more than a decade.  

Your number one selling point was that your platform did not exclude apps the way other devices like Apple TV and Fire TV did.

This situation is one of great concern, because Roku seems to now be vulnerable to the same practices.

I have multiple Roku devices and I will not be making a hardware change soon.

However, I have stopped all of the subscriptions that I was paying for through Roku and am urging others to do the same until this is resolved.

At present, I do not foresee that I will replacing my devices with updated Roku devices as they age.

Please get this resolved.

Highlighted
Level 8

We subscribe to NBC sports gold for the Premiere League.  Next year the Premiere League will only be on Peacock.  ROKU, it is down to this- let Peacock be on the device or lose my entire extended family of Premiere League fans to Apple TV.  If you do not care, please simply say so.  That would be much easier than looking at an app with no programming.  At least I would respect that.  Otherwise, the fact that you have the app on your device appears to be a deceptive business practice.