Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: First HBO Max, Now Peacock... Roku needs to be more flexible

Jump to solution

@Kbjp wrote:

What can we do about it? Is there like a petition or something? I own two Roku TVs, which makes it kind of tough to switch! This is unacceptable!


Write a letter to the CEO and upper management?

There used to be a site that had all that information (The Consumerist), but Consumer Reports shut it down.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: First HBO Max, Now Peacock... Roku needs to be more flexible

Jump to solution

https://support.roku.com/article/208756868

 

Fill out this form asking for what channels you want to see and why

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: First HBO Max, Now Peacock... Roku needs to be more flexible

Jump to solution

@OSUBuckly wrote:

I own a Roku TV but I assume I can just plug in an Apple TV to one of my HDMI ports and use it normally?


Yes, that will work. There will soon be a lot more Apple TVs (and other streaming devices) plugged into Roku TVs.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: First HBO Max, Now Peacock... Roku needs to be more flexible

Jump to solution

I have 4 Roku devices in my household and I have dropped HBO NOW ($14.99) starting this month, which I was a subscriber for over a 1.5 years, The reason for dropping is I want all the content that currently HBO NOW does not have that HBO MAX has for the same price ($14.99).  Now both HBO/AT&T/Comcast and ROKU are all getting $0 from me. I think all HBO NOW Roku users should drop HBO NOW in protest for not coming to an agreement after over a month after HBO MAX was pushed out on other platforms.

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: First HBO Max, Now Peacock... Roku needs to be more flexible

Jump to solution

Basically, this all boils down to both advertising and subscription revenue and Roku's greediness of wanting too big a slice of that pie.

What we, as Roku users, need to do is organize a boycott of the use of our Roku devices for an agreed upon period of time to show Roku just how much ad revenue they will be losing if we all dump our Roku devices for something else. And I don't mean simply not using the device, but completely disconnecting the device(s) so they do not receive any updates or data during that period. They need to appear as offline, not connected.

Let's face it - Roku is ignoring these requests on their support forums and on social media - check any post by Roku on Facebook or Twitter and a large majority of the comments are users asking/demanding for HBO Max and Peacock TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: First HBO Max, Now Peacock... Roku needs to be more flexible

Jump to solution

That might work for you, but I have two TVs in my house and they are both Roku TVs. I cant buy a new TV, so now what?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: First HBO Max, Now Peacock... Roku needs to be more flexible

Jump to solution

@Kbjp wrote:

That might work for you, but I have two TVs in my house and they are both Roku TVs. I cant buy a new TV, so now what?


You can install a separate streaming device, like a TIVO Stream 4K (currently $50) or an Apple TV (starting at $149) on each TV. Many are doing just that since Roku seems to have abandoned their long-time customers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: First HBO Max, Now Peacock... Roku needs to be more flexible

Jump to solution

I am forced to use Roku to receive my streaming Spectrum service. I am already paying to get HBO through Spectrum but I cannot get HBOMAX on Roku. Now I'm being told HBO NOW, which is on Roku, is being discontinued. I just want to get a service I am paying for, please Roku add this to your streaming channels. The same goes for Peacock now.

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: First HBO Max, Now Peacock... Roku needs to be more flexible

Jump to solution

@dennkenn wrote:

I am forced to use Roku to receive my streaming Spectrum service. I am already paying to get HBO through Spectrum but I cannot get HBOMAX on Roku. Now I'm being told HBO NOW, which is on Roku, is being discontinued. I just want to get a service I am paying for, please Roku add this to your streaming channels. The same goes for Peacock now.


No, you're being told that HBO NOW is being rebranded to HBO on Roku.  From the help.hbonow.com page:  "Beginning July 31, 2020, the HBO NOW app will be rebranded to HBO.  Existing HBO NOW subscribers will have access to HBO through the rebranded HBO app on devices where HBO NOW was available..."

That tells me that if I was able to HBO NOW, I'll be able to use the HBO app, and the sky isn't falling.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: First HBO Max, Now Peacock... Roku needs to be more flexible

Jump to solution

@tribecos wrote:

@dennkenn wrote:

I am forced to use Roku to receive my streaming Spectrum service. I am already paying to get HBO through Spectrum but I cannot get HBOMAX on Roku. Now I'm being told HBO NOW, which is on Roku, is being discontinued. I just want to get a service I am paying for, please Roku add this to your streaming channels. The same goes for Peacock now.


No, you're being told that HBO NOW is being rebranded to HBO on Roku.  From the help.hbonow.com page:  "Beginning July 31, 2020, the HBO NOW app will be rebranded to HBO.  Existing HBO NOW subscribers will have access to HBO through the rebranded HBO app on devices where HBO NOW was available..."

That tells me that if I was able to HBO NOW, I'll be able to use the HBO app, and the sky isn't falling.


This is correct, as HBO NOW is for people who subscribe to HBO separately from their cable provider.  I'm a bit confused about the OP's question - if he's getting HBO through Spectrum (i.e., subscribing to HBO through them), he's probably using HBO GO, which is not part of the HBO rebrand.  After July 31, the only way people using Roku that subscribe to HBO through their cable provider can access HBO content is through their cable box.

0 Kudos