Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku... HBO Max... Peacock... WANT IT NOW!!!

Jump to solution

it is rediculous that we cannot get HBO MAX AND PEACOCK TV ON ROKU. 

ROKU - PLEASE RESOLVE WHATEVER ISSUES YOU HAVE AND GET THESE CHANNELS AUTHORIZED. 

I HAVE THREE ROKUS AND ONE CHROMECAST - MAYBE TIME TO HAVE THE OPPOSITE. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: First HBO Max, Now Peacock... Roku needs to be more flexible

Jump to solution

@rovel0 wrote:

"I also get a Premier League Pass which will be only on Peacock next season, so I care about that, too"

I'm in the same boat.  If they think I'm going to miss a minute of Premier League play because of this spat, they are very mistaken and I won't be watching it on a tablet.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@nicolaoddo14 wrote:

I am very unhappy that a streaming service that is free to use such as PEACOCK is not available on Roku! I may consider switching to a Samsung Smart tv to replace my TCL Roku tv so that the service will be  available to me. Same with HBO MAX why do you not have these two awesome apps available on Roku?

"Peacock has support for other streaming-TV devices, like Apple TV, Google's ChromecastMicrosoft's Xbox One and now Sony's PlayStation 4. Peacock's app is also confirmed for Vizio's SmartCast TVs and LG Smart TVs, and the service will be available on mobile devices too."

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Agree. First HBO and now Peacock. Now that ROKU is a publicly traded stock they are beholden to Wall St for delivering results. If that means endless squabbles with content providers in the future I will have to find another way to stream. Been using ROKU products since '15 but all good things come to an end.

Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

Just to be clear, the carriage disputes for HBO Max and Peacock arent limited to just Roku - Amazon is having the same disputes, and together with Roku they account for nearly 70% of the streaming market.

That being said, these app/service carriage streaming device disputes arent new (e.g. FoxSports and Roku just before the SuperBowl) and will become more common as the streaming market (and all its players) grows (along with all the ad revenue).

Just as with cable/satellite TV service, you the customer/consumer are left in the lurch and become a pawn in the dispute/negotiations.

The best way to insulate yourself from these platform-specific carriage disputes (and other platform-specific issues, like bad OS/app update rollouts) is by having access to multiple platforms:  e.g. have one each of Roku, Amazon, & Android/Android TV- which you can do for between $25-50 for each device, or a Smart TV with its own built-in apps: e.g. LG WebOS, Samsung Tizen.   This way when an app/service issue does arise, you can keep on/start streaming without issue or interruption.

Again, these types of carriage disputes are going to become more and more common for streaming platforms and services - so save yourself the headache and frustration and buy an Amazon FireTV Stick 4k (for $25 using the code), and a Tivo Stream 4K or Xiaomi Mi Box S 4K for $50.

Highlighted
Level 13

Re: Roku either adds Peacock or lose me as a customer/promoter

Jump to solution

It fascinates me that people are championing Comcast (and AT&T) in these forums over this. It's about time someone stood up to the media overlords.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have had my ROKU player for years and have been satisfied with it. I had already signed up for  a year of the Peacock channel. I am totally disgusted with them now. Guess that I will be looking for another player.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I agree. These new streaming services are out there and you keeping them hostage from us is not why we bought your product. I have bought 3 of your TVS  and have recommended them to several of my family and friends,  this needs to be fixed asap.

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

People do not cut the cord and come to streaming to put up with carriage disputes. ROKU is trying to serve two masters now, one is the stock price and two is the customers. When you chose the stock price you are just another Comcast and you will lose your customers just like they and all of the cable outfits are losing theirs.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Adios Roku,

What an absolutely anti-consumer company you have become. Certainly it has nothing to do with becoming a public company a few years ago, did it? 

Remember, both you and your shareholders will be left holding the bag when you trigger a mass customer exodus. Your product is absolutely inferior at the moment; less features, and higher cost.