Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: First HBO Max, Now Peacock... Roku needs to be more flexible

Jump to solution

Roku, and Peacock really need to work harder at reaching agreements faster. In the end the customer always suffers when it comes to these disputes. Roku, and Peacock need customers more than just about anything else, to make their business model thrive. These disputes drive customers away, which in turn costs both parties revenue. It's silly negotiations are always taking this long with just about any new service now days. I think long term Peacock will still continue to thrive either way, but Roku stands much more to lose in the long run. Customers don't want to deal with these disputes like they used to with cable, and satellite. When Roku drives away their fan base with actions like this, they stand much, much more to lose than just potential Revenue from Peacock. They lose any avenue of revenue they had per customer as well, whether that be ad revenue, premium subscription revenue, etc. Roku really needs to start thinking about their strategies in negotiating deals faster, or it will certainly spell their demise in the long run... That was why everyone loved Roku. They worked really hard to get channels for everything that was worthwhile.  Take that away, and it hinders them as a company severely. Super Bowl was a close call. HBO Max... Still nothing. Peacock. Still nothing. What's next that we won't get access to for who knows how long, if ever? That's what Roku's customers are thinking right now. Think about it Roku. Seriously. I'm not saying this out of malice, I'm saying this because I am a fan of Roku, and I want the best for you all.

Highlighted
Level 8

Roku... HBO Max... Peacock... WANT IT NOW!!!

Jump to solution

Almost 3 years ago, we cut the cord and got rid of regular cable TV. We are a family of 4 and stream everything through 3 Roku devices. We have Netflix, Hulu, Prime and Disney+. I signed up for the pre-release "deals" from HBO Max and Peacock, but can't watch either one because of no deal between them and Roku. I'm not interested in a "work around." I don't want to cancel my subscriptions (after already paying for them both) and have to watch them as add-ons through other channels like Hulu or Prime. I want them as channels on Roku. We are in the middle of a pandemic. People are stuck at home. Make a freaking deal already with HBO Max and Peacock!!! Thank you!!

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Roku really needs to get their **bleep** together because this is getting old.  What good is owning a Roku device if they keep playing hardball with the streaming providers?  The only people losing out in the whole debacle are the paying customers.  I don't like Chromecast but at least they aren't withholding content like Roku and Amazon.  It's not even worth it to own either device anymore. I will never buy another Roku product again.

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku... HBO Max... Peacock... WANT IT NOW!!!

Jump to solution

Agreed.  

I started with the Roku NetFlix Streaming device at the beginning.

I have long praised Roku for being a neutral platform that did not play the same exclusion games as other streamers like Apple and Amazon Fire.  

That is no longer the case.

I have cancelled all of the streaming services that I was getting directly from Roku and I will be moving on to a different device.

This is not the way to treat your loyal customers.

Highlighted
Level 9

Re: DO NOT LET HBO MAX and NBC CHARGE YOU TO USE YOUR PLATFORM!

Jump to solution

You've got it wrong. Peacock was offered free to Roku and Amazon. You're not getting it because they want a cut of Peacock's advertising revenue even though they didn't invest a penny in Peacock's startup costs. You're not getting Peacock because the two biggest streaming device companies care less about delivering free content to their customers than trying to squeeze money out of content producers.

"The Peacock app is ready to launch across platforms with the flip of a switch," a Peacock spokeswoman said. "We think it's important for consumers to know that Peacock is free to use and free to any platform who wants to distribute it. If Peacock is not available on a platform at launch, it is not because we didn't make it available, and it's not because we didn't make it available for free." 

"Roku said Peacock was trying to launch a service supported by advertising without sharing the ad model with its distribution partners.

https://www.cnet.com/news/peacock-roku-amazon-fire-tv-support-entrenching-a-battle-line/?fbclid=IwAR...

Highlighted
Level 9

Roku either adds Peacock or lose me as a customer/promoter

Jump to solution

Peacock was offered free to Roku and Amazon. We're not getting it because they want a cut of Peacock's advertising revenue even though they didn't invest a penny in Peacock's startup costs. We're not getting Peacock because the two biggest streaming device companies care less about delivering free content to their customers than trying to squeeze money out of content producers.

"The Peacock app is ready to launch across platforms with the flip of a switch," a Peacock spokeswoman said. "We think it's important for consumers to know that Peacock is free to use and free to any platform who wants to distribute it. If Peacock is not available on a platform at launch, it is not because we didn't make it available, and it's not because we didn't make it available for free."

"Roku said Peacock was trying to launch a service supported by advertising without sharing the ad model with its distribution partners.

I own Roku boxes, sticks, and TVs. I bought and gave them as gifts. I convinced many others to buy Roku products. Maybe I should have figured that Roku, once it dominated the market, would abuse their power. If the Peacock model proves profitable, more network and cable producers will adopt it and cable will either have to do better to compete or give up TV. That might not happen if Amazon and Roku try to squeeze the profits from ads that support their free content. There's no reason to support companies that don't care about supporting their customers.

https://www.cnet.com/news/peacock-roku-amazon-fire-tv-support-entrenching-a-battle-line/?fbclid=IwAR...

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am very unhappy that a streaming service that is free to use such as PEACOCK is not available on Roku! I may consider switching to a Samsung Smart tv to replace my TCL Roku tv so that the service will be  available to me. Same with HBO MAX why do you not have these two awesome apps available on Roku?

Highlighted
Level 15

Jump to solution

For Peacock, one story mentioned the main sticking post was that Roku wanted viewership data and the ability to insert their own commercials in the two "with-ads" tiers. NBC/Universal was willing to share some viewership data, but doesn't want to give up control of ads.

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku... HBO Max... Peacock... WANT IT NOW!!!

Jump to solution

MAYBE ITS TIME TO CUT THE ROKU CORD!!!!   GIVE ME HBO MAX AND PEACOCK (And not the **bleep** weather thing)

Highlighted
Level 13

Jump to solution

@nicolaoddo14 wrote:

I am very unhappy that a streaming service that is free to use such as PEACOCK is not available on Roku! I may consider switching to a Samsung Smart tv to replace my TCL Roku tv so that the service will be  available to me. Same with HBO MAX why do you not have these two awesome apps available on Roku?

Peacock TV is not available on Samsung TV's as a native app either. I believe if you have a version of Samsung TV that supports Airplay2, you can cast the Peacock TV service from a smartphone or tablet to your Samsung TV.

TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | Fire TV Stick 4K
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | Fire TV Stick 4K
YABER Y31 1080p LED Projector | Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound | Fire TV Stick 4K