Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicoleS
Level 7

Filmrise Movie App on Roku Channel for PC

Jump to solution

I've started watching the Roku Channel App on my PC. 

I'm hooked on a series that no longer seems to be free. 

It appears to be available for free on Filmrise Movies. Is it possible to watch that on the PC App?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Filmrise Movie App on Roku Channel for PC

Jump to solution

@NicoleS 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that you will only be able to watch Roku Channel app content online and that the Roku Channel app does not have the same functionality as a Roku device. If you are trying to watch content available through another provider, you would need to contact the provider to see how to access their content.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@NicoleS 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that you will only be able to watch Roku Channel app content online and that the Roku Channel app does not have the same functionality as a Roku device. If you are trying to watch content available through another provider, you would need to contact the provider to see how to access their content.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

When you access TRC via a TV or app on another device, you can only access the content within TRC. To get content from another provider, you have to access it in the way they provide. Filmrise has multiple channels for Roku devices, and perhaps even apps on other devices. But you would have to use those devices to use the app. I have no idea if that content might be available via a web page somewhere. But no, you cannot add another channel that is available on Roku devices to TRC that you view from a web page, or other non-Roku device.                                   

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos