Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TammyJax
Level 7

Filebrowser channel comes up when I start Roku

Hi 

I'm not sure if this is a problem with my roku.

I installed XITE channel and when I play a music video it frequently freezes and reboots. When reboot is finished a new channel called "filebrowser" appears on my channel list and then disappears.

I tried to open the channel and it shows folders like pkg and some other stuff but then disappears.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Filebrowser channel comes up when I start Roku

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please provide more information about the issue you're seeing:

- When did you first notice this?

- Could you provide a picture/video of this occurring on your screen? 

- Which model of Roku device are you using? (Settings>System>About) 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
blueeeues100
Level 7

we just noticed this 'file browser ' channel this week on our Roku. we havent done anything new or downloaded any new channels to our account, but am not sure what this is. just yesterday we watched a video on Roku tv channel'the other day but am not sure why this came up. when you go into the channel tl 'remove it', you cant do so. you can only move its location on the list.
please advise on what i should do.
0 Kudos
Rmtech
Level 7

This is happening for us also. It started happening when the Add Channel option became available on the home screen. We do have a pin to install apps..to restrict our kids from installing channels.
0 Kudos
Galaxy
Level 7

Has roku found out why this has happened mine has been doing it for a few weeks now
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for continuing to share the updates here.

Could you please specify which model of Roku device you are seeing this on, and provide a picture of where it appears on the Roku home screen? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 10

interesting....there must be a terminal in there too........

0 Kudos

This is happening to mine as well. It is, like previous consumers have mentioned, showing up where my channels are in the home screen. The model I own is a Roku Premiere 4K Streaming Media Player, Black, 3920R. It looks very suspicious. The font that says "file browser" is grainy and the picture for the "channel" in the square is stretched out. It is quite odd and doesn't appear as if it belongs or is owned by Roku. Honestly, it looks like malware.
0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 10

Yeah maybe a Trojan intriguing as heck.

0 Kudos
Eddie01
Level 7

Hi, same thing happens to me as well
0 Kudos