Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Few channels appear in the channel store option

Jump to solution

I am using roku ultra in Pakistan. There are just 10 to 15 major channels appearing on the channel store including Youtube, Netflix, TED, Aljazeera, France24, RT, and Euronews. Other major news, sports or TV channels  (such as Sky, Fox, NBC, BBC, CNN, ESPN, HBO or any other channel from the list of top rated roku channels) whether free or with paymemt option dont exist on my device; not even roku channel. No hulu, vudu or anything. No channels to watch cricket on. Moreover TV channels which can be watched live on Youtube such as TRT world and many others are not available.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Few channels appear in the channel store option

Jump to solution

@Muneer 

Thanks for the post.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Muneer 

Thanks for the post.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanx for your reply. In this connection i would like to add that apart from the channels discussed earlier, there are few channels which do appear on the channel store and get added as well. However when i open such a channel few blank thumbnails appear for a second, then some of them desappear and in  the last all u see on screen is two thumbnails/boxes one of them reads 'search' and another reads 'about'.

0 Kudos