Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Featured free, Roku channel and website

This is 3 questions in one post.

I just received my Roku Premiere. I set it up and it works but there's no Featured Free.  I see that other people have had similar trouble and I've tried the suggestions provided to them: restarted, checked for updates etc. It's up-to-date - it ran the update earlier after connecting and repeat attempts say that it's up-to-date.

The Roku channel doesn't seem to work in Ireland. Why not? Of all the things that should work, the channel associated with the device should be it. Is it the case that it's intended for specific markets?

Finally, the Roku website fails to show a lot of things when I'm logged in to it but works when I'm not logged in.  For instance, if I try to get to channel store from the main menu, I get "Sorry, page not found".

Thanks

CH1

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Featured free, Roku channel and website

Hi,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

The Roku Channel is only available on your Roku streaming player or Roku TV™ in the United States and Canada, and your web browser, the Roku mobile app, and compatible Samsung TVs in the United States. Premium Subscriptions on The Roku Channel are only available in United States, and are not currently available on Samsung TVs.

For more information about the Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: How do I get The Roku® Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos