Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike-jones

Favorite channels for Roku on firestick

I downloaded the Roku app to my Firestick,

The channel guide only shows All channels, with no way to select Favorite channels.

How do I select Favorite channels?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Goofy173
Reel Rookie

Re: Favorite channels for Roku on firestick

I guess it can't be done. I haven't found a way. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

What you downloaded is "The Roku Channel". Everything within it is content, there's no way to alter what is there. Looking at the channel on my Roku player, I see I can save to a watch list (it's labeled Save List). But there's no favorites function within the channel.

On my Roku, I can put something in the save list by hitting the * button when I have the title highlighted, or once I've selected the title there's an option to "Add to Save List". That should be available within your app as well.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Here is what Roku Support Article says:

How to set favorite channels

To set a channel as a favorite, open the Channel options menu and the select Favorite channel. You can repeat this for each channel you want to favorite or use the following steps to favorite multiple channels at once.

1. Open the Channel options menu
  2. Select Manage channels
  3. Select Favorite channels
  4. Press OK 

to check the box next to any channel you wish to favorite

https://support.roku.com/article/4420557730839

However, I cant get a Channel Options menu on my Firestick. There is no star or asterisk button. The hamburger 3 line button does nothing when the channel is highlighted in the EPG. I think Roku needs to program the FireOS app for the 3 bar menu botton to behave like the options Roku button. I have Roku & FireTV devices & want to use Roku Channels from all of them.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@MatrixFantasy Those steps do not apply to The Roku Channel. It is referring to a Roku TV, which has a remote with the * button. There is no way to save/set favorite channels within The Roku Channel, regardless of the device being used to view it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification! I used Roku devices for years & still have several, but mostly run FireCubes and plan to buy a 2023+ Shield when released. My IPTV providers heavily support Android so that is my primary streaming devices. So, I have been out of touch regarding Roku TV & Roku Channels tips & tricks. It would be convenient if Roku programmed a way to save Favorites. Other apps I use on Android such as Tivimate, Purple Player, Smarters Pro & similar have a Favorites feature. For Roku Channels, I have to reference a list that I make & scroll through 800 English channels. There needs to be a better way! @atc98092 

0 Kudos
Goofy173
Reel Rookie

That's what I figured. Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos