Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaylen29

Fast foward/ rewind blank screen

Jump to solution

When fast forwarding and rewinding on my spectrum app it's just a blank screen and can't see where I am so I have to guess where to stop

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Fast foward/ rewind blank screen

Jump to solution

@Richierich146 

Thanks for the post.

As @makaiguy mentioned, many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel support directly to inquire further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 REPLIES 24
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Each channel creates, provides, and maintains its own app to stream their channel to the Roku, as well as deciding and programming its features. Roku only provides the platform on which the 3rd party channel apps run. You should direct your questions and concerns to the channel, in this case Spectrum. (Exceptions are the two channels provided by Roku, The Roku Channel and Roku Media Player. For these you should contact Roku.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This reply is not accurate 

you get a visual preview when fast forwarding on Apple TV. 
it’s not a streaming service problem it’s a Roku problem. I fast forwarded the same show recorded on Spectrum side by side on same TV Roku Ultra  and Roku Premium vs Apple TV 4K. With Apple you get a preview so you know when to stop. With Roku you are flying blind. Kind of useless. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Richierich146 

Thanks for the post.

As @makaiguy mentioned, many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel support directly to inquire further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Richierich146 wrote:

it’s not a streaming service problem it’s a Roku problem. I fast forwarded the same show recorded on Spectrum side by side on same TV Roku Ultra  and Roku Premium vs Apple TV 4K. With Apple you get a preview so you know when to stop. With Roku you are flying blind. Kind of useless.

Believe what you want. The version of the Spectrum app that Spectrum created for Apple TV does what you want.  The version of the Spectrum app that Spectrum created for Roku does not.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Richierich146 wrote:

Just because their app on one device has a feature doesn't mean their app/channel on the Roku has the same feature. Different programming languages that might not offer the exact same functionality. The problem is the Spectrum app/channel, not the Roku. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RJ77

Jump to solution

I believe this IS a Roku issue, and it’s possibly related to ‘power’. I had issues with my Roku Premiere plugged into a wall outlet. I switched to the USB port power and my ‘overheating’ issue went away, only to be replaced by a ‘low power’ issue. Frustrated, I bought a second Roku Stick. Now I’m having this Fast Forwarding issue. The temporary solution (from Philo) is to reboot, but I have to reboot periodically. I hate when technology mixes, an issue develops, and vendors simply point fingers at each other while the customer suffers.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@RJ77 wrote:

I believe this IS a Roku issue, and it’s possibly related to ‘power’. I had issues with my Roku Premiere plugged into a wall outlet. I switched to the USB port power and my ‘overheating’ issue went away, only to be replaced by a ‘low power’ issue. Frustrated, I bought a second Roku Stick. Now I’m having this Fast Forwarding issue. The temporary solution (from Philo) is to reboot, but I have to reboot periodically. I hate when technology mixes, an issue develops, and vendors simply point fingers at each other while the customer suffers.

You haven't described exactly what your issue is, so we can't tell for certain the thread title is appropriate. What channel are you using (sounds like Philo)? What firmware is your Roku on? Exactly which model Roku are you using? 

But as already answered on this thread, Roku does not develop or support the majority of channels found in the Channel Store. They provide the platform, and others develop and support the individual channels/apps. If a particular channel has a problem, but the Roku itself is operating normally, along with other channels, then the problem is with that particular channel. The Channel Store says Philo is the developer of their own channel, and that's who has to address the questions here. If 

Dan

0 Kudos
HGParks
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with fast forwarding/rewinding... blind... not knowing when to stop. It is a Roku issue, not Spectrum. I have a Roku in my living room with Roku remote. I cannot see where to stop when fast forwarding. I do not have a Roku in my bedroom and I have a Spectrum box with a Spectrum remote and I can see where to stop when fast forwarding/rewinding. I even bought a universal remote for my Roku tv hoping that would solve the problem! Nope. So aggravating.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@HGParks  No, it’s not a Roku issue. You can’t compare an app on one device with another. It’s solely up to the channel developer how the channel works. Spectrum is the channel developer, not Roku. 

Dan

0 Kudos