Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GayleA
Reel Rookie

Fast forward and Rewind don't work on YouTube anymore

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra. I don't see the steps to fix the problem of my remote not scanning forward or backward in YouTube. It just stopped scanning 2 days ago. I have to keep pressing the remote instead of simply holding it down. It's a pain. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CoryKent7
Channel Surfer

Re: Fast forward and Rewind don't work on YouTube anymore

Jump to solution

I don't know about your device in particular, but on my Roku device I fixed this problem by restarting my system. I did this by selecting the following on home screen: settings—>system—>power—system restart. When my system came back on my YouTube app worked properly again. I hope that helps you!

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
PJG061073
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
GayleA
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm new to using this community. I don't understand it already. I can see everyone's problems (some of which are the same problems I'm having). What I don't see on anyone's posts are the resolutions to the problems. Can someone explain to me how this site works? Also, I hate the fact that Roku support isn't easily accessible. I've been putting off another problem because Roku support isn't easily accessible. Oh how I miss "Customer Service". 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@GayleA

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Youtube support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Youtube support here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CoryKent7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don't know about your device in particular, but on my Roku device I fixed this problem by restarting my system. I did this by selecting the following on home screen: settings—>system—>power—system restart. When my system came back on my YouTube app worked properly again. I hope that helps you!

Jump to solution

on your Roku device,

goto: settings 

click OK 

goto: system

click OK

goto: Sytem restart

click OK

WHILE IT IS RESTARTING TAKE OUT THE BATTERIES THAT ARE IN THE REMOTE (not sure if it is necessary but I did it anyway). 

Replace batteries. 

now you should be able to do a fast forward/rewind without having to scrub 10 seconds at a time 

My success comes from my God.
CoryKent7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Buenocoffee wrote:

on your Roku device,

goto: settings 

click OK 

goto: system

click OK

goto: Sytem restart

click OK

WHILE IT IS RESTARTING TAKE OUT THE BATTERIES THAT ARE IN THE REMOTE (not sure if it is necessary but I did it anyway). 

Replace batteries. 

now you should be able to do a fast forward/rewind without having to scrub 10 seconds at a time 

This is a complete repeat of my instructions, except for the addition of replacing batteries. Replacing batteries will not make a difference. If you're remote works it has good batteries. If you can use it to reset the TV, then it doesn't need new batteries at all.

Jump to solution

Thank you!! It's been so frustrating not fast forwarding on YouTube. Your advice was perfect!

CoryKent7
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@ wrote:

Thank you!! It's been so frustrating not fast forwarding on YouTube. Your advice was perfect!

I'm glad it worked. I have to say, it does keep happening. Not every day, but probably once a week or every two weeks. Seems random, but the fix I posted has still worked every time.

Jump to solution

This fixed it!!!