Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GSFry
Level 8

Re: Fast Forward and Rewind Freezing in Philo Requires Reboot

Jump to solution

When watching recorded TV shows Philo completely freezes when Fast-Forwarding on my 2020 Roku Ultra. Have to hit home button on Roku remote in order to go to Roku settings for a restart. That clears it until the next time you FF. 

Uninstalled Philo app and reinstalled several times. Have Cox high speed internet with no problems whatsoever on any other apps. My Roku is the only device connected to WiFi when this problem occurs. Have reset modem and router. Speed Test show excellent results. PLEASE Roku to fix this ASAP!!

0 Kudos
teachmusic77
Level 7

Jump to solution

Does Roku check these threads?  It's so frustrating that nothing has been done about this issue yet.  I reached out to Philo and they said this is a known issue between Philo and Roku.  Does anyone know if Roku is even working on this?  I also have the issue when on Discovery+ but I'm thinking that's just because it's brand new.  

MHE
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the very same issue with ATT TV. The rewind requires reboot almost every time. WHAT GIVES! This makes the unit unusable. May have to go to a different format. Does anyone know if this is unique to Ultra?

DLMCATS
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sorry to say I have nearly the same problem. While watching Philo over COX Internet using the 2020 Roku Ultra on my 65" Samsung TV, if I fast forward or rewind the program, it freezes, and then requires a Roku restart.

However, I do not have this same problem on another Samsung TV with a different, older Roku Ultra from 2018. Nor do I have this problem on myTCL Roku TV.  Same Internet, same Philo program, but I am able to FF and RWD on older Roku Ultra and TCL native Roku TV.

Yet I have the problem on newest Roku Ultra. Every time I FF or RWD a Philo program, it freezes up and I must reboot the Roku Ultra. 

What is going on, Roku?

Warlock466
Level 9

Jump to solution

@MHE  This issue is unique to the 2020 Ultra. I have a 2018 and 2019 ultra along with a stick+ which all work normally with both apps. 

Jioni
Level 7

Jump to solution

Another user here. Tried cord cutting and liked what Philo had to offer. Works fine on the phone and other Roku, but bought a 2020 Ultra last week and almost every time we try to get to live of FF, the whole entire system needs to be rebooted, just to deal with it again shortly after. Probably going to need to return the Ultra, unfortunately if it doesn’t get resolved quickly. 

REALspiffy
Level 9

Jump to solution

I just opened a ticket with philo as well. I referenced this thread to make clear it's not an isolated issue. Hopefully that may help since I know other here have opened tickets as well.

Warlock466
Level 9

Jump to solution

Pretty sure it’s a Roku issue with it affecting AT&T TV as well, but maybe they can dial up the heat on Roku to get it fixed. 

REALspiffy
Level 9

Jump to solution

Yes it is a Roku issue. Time to light a fire under their ass. Philo's response:

Good to hear from you, we understand how frustrating it can be to try to view your program and an error is preventing you from enjoying the experience to the max. I appreciate your patience while we work closely with Roku to help resolve this issue.

As you are aware, Philo, as well as other media streaming companies, have pointed out to Roku about this buffering issue. Since then we have been working closely with Roku Engineers and it was just confirmed that this issue has been addressed and resolved and will be released in the next Roku Update. It was also communicated that there is a plan to release this mid-to-late first quarter of this year.

I see that your bill is due soon, I have applied a free month coupon so we can take care of this coming month for you.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your understanding as we continue to work towards improving your Philo experience.

Warlock466
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hey Roku, ever heard of a patch?...like now! We’re paying for these services that are unusable until this is fixed. Or I guess we can continue to wait for your next upgrade and use your competition’s devices until you’re good and ready!